• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wild Child M steering post brace

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I'm interested in seeing some pics of the M7 setup. I know the newer M8 post had a different bend to it. Did you offset where it mounts to the bulkhead to straighten out the bars?

Sorry I forgot to take a pic yesterday but will do today.....sorry!
Yes it is offset and further back now and yes had to use the newer style steering post.

DAKOTAKIDD

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2009
British Columbia
So does the original steering stop bolt or rivet to the new support? Do you have to drill any new holes in the bulkhead? How many of you guys bought the under tunnel brace?

Cheers

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
So does the original steering stop bolt or rivet to the new support? Do you have to drill any new holes in the bulkhead? How many of you guys bought the under tunnel brace?

Cheers

Yes you bolt the stop into or onto the bracket,there are are some holes that need to be drilled.
The under tunnel brace is for guys that have cracking already,this combined with the top brace will fix your cracked bulkhead and tunnel better than new.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010

IMG_0269.jpg

bottom

IMG_0267.jpg

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Should some sort of flat washer be used on the opposite side of the new brace to support the nylocks if you're not using the full bottom brace?

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Brace

I just noticed the tunnel on my 2009 M8 is cracked so I'm going to need to add the top and bottom peaces to my sled. Are they in stock and ready to be shipped?

W

wildchild

Jul 4, 2001
lumby
Should some sort of flat washer be used on the opposite side of the new brace to support the nylocks if you're not using the full bottom brace?

The kit comes with washers and I do recommend there used even with the bottom bracket.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
As you guys can see from the picture mine is cracked... Will once of these kits fix this so I dont have to weld it or buy a new one of anything like that.

IMG_0954.jpg

Premium Features