• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

proper way to check chaincase oil?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Hi guys. Curious do you insert your chaincase dip stick all the way back in to check your oil level? or do you just insert it down to the rubber touches and just "dip it" that way? I'm curious because it will obviously mean the difference between not enough or too much. I know engine oil your supposed to just dip it down to the treads with out threading it back in So not sure on the oil dip stick. thanks!

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Its just the chain case, so if I dip it in and it looks like a decent amount on the dipstick I call it good.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Its just the chain case, so if I dip it in and it looks like a decent amount on the dipstick I call it good.

well If i dip it where i dont push it all the way in, just tape the rubber on the case kinda idea. my oils just above the STD level. But if I put the dipstick all the way in like you would when yuo go to ride the sled.... Its way too full..... so just not sure.. hmm

Premium Features