• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pros and cons of m7

m7's are awesome!!! im 16 and i rode one for 2 years and really really learned how to ride. there arent much cons besides not having much low end power. just throw a can on it so it sounds good and ride the heck out of it. i learned how to ride pretty much everywhere....i was outclimbing some of our buddys ski doo rt1000's. m7's are so light and manuverable they are an all around sick sled. i did alot of diffrent things to my m7 to try and get more power, if you get one, pm me and i could help you out. you cant go wrong with a true arctic cat m7!! good luck.

honestly, im switching to an xp lol were opposite. ummmm.....ya it is pretty diffrent i think the arctic cat is alot more accepting than an xp it is very easy to pull over into a side hill and maintain, i think you will really like an m7. it would be a good switch to start.

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
going from a doo to a cat and never ridden one before? you will be on your side all the time because the cat leans over and accepts driver input soooo much easier. only bad thing on the M7 would be an Attack 20 track.........just curious here, why the switch to the older sled? not that its a bad move, but an 08 M8 or newer would be a good upgrade just for the suspension & reverse.

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
M7

im looking at switching from skidoo to cat.. just curious at what the pros and cons are of an 06 m7. thanks

I have ridden my 06 M7 for three years now. It will still whip my A$$. I ride with the Dragon 800 boys and they are not above me enough to give me crap. The only down side is the stock track paddles have rolled and taken set. This year the power claw will cure that and I should be with the 800s. I am tearing it down this year. Was going to big bore it but changed my mind and will go back stock. Good oil, keep power valves clean & adjusted and you will be happy.

The XP I rode felt like it wanted to run with both skis on the snow. The M7 will lay over with little effort. Good Luck.

W

W A O

Nov 3, 2009
WEST JORDON UT
06 M7

I run with a few M8s and a M1 and another M7 as well as mine. The stock M1 will out climb the M7s but not by much, the mostly stock M8s in our group run well but those M7s seem to be the sleds that go anywhere.
The M7s are always the ones that lead the group out boondocken and just seems to be the overall better sled. Now some of it is rider ability, and some of it is just crazy riders but the mods on the M7s help to make them out run a good running M8. It dosnt take much to make a M7 run well. you also learn to ride better on a lighter slightly less powerful sled, you need to learn to ride harder to keep up thus makeing you a better rider IMO. It also helps to be just a little crazy?
They can be a fun fun sled, If you want to just climb big hills get a M1 or a newer M8 but for all around rideing I like my M7.

My M7 will run with 800 dragons M8s ski doo 800 and stock M1 just fine, I have riden all the above and they are all good sleds but I will keep my M7

Now let me ride a new M8 and that may change?:face-icon-small-ton

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
I
Now let me ride a new M8 and that may change?:face-icon-small-ton

Yeah, I'm afraid so.

LOL, I also have the m7 after getting to ride my hubbies 10' m8 I have to say almost as light and nimble as the m7 and a heck of a lot more power. Having to big bore the m7 to be able to keep up this next season.

The m7's are fun, I really like mine. Though I do think they have downfalls... it seems like if you are a lighter weight rider you will like the m7. My 200lb husband wasn't impressed by the power at all when we got mine, said it was fun to ride but he needed more out of the engine if he was going to ride it often.

The stupid bogging issue which some have, a thousand reasons why and trying to figure out which is the reason on your sled is a pain. Never did figure out why mine did for a month last season, just went away...

The suspension really isn't good, coming off the xp it will probably feel awful on the trails.

Clutching, I really thought the stock sucked. Put a rkt secondary on and it shifts a lot nicer now.

No reverse, yeah you don't have to have it, but it sure can be handy at times.

I'm sure there are few more things I'm forgetting but just thought I would add to the discussion. :face-icon-small-hap

W

W A O

Nov 3, 2009
WEST JORDON UT
2010 M8

Wysteph
Just wish I had a husband to spoil me ? Aaaa wait a min. I am the husband dam the luck! lol.

My wife shudders enery time a freind
sugests we go try a demo 2009-2010 m8 cuz she knows just what will happen, (she will have another payment) lol :hurt: tempting very tempting!

Premium Features