• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Viper with apex motor?

bmiller1985

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2013
merrimac, wi
I've looked all over and i'm sure i'm not the first one to think of it, but i probably looked in te wrong places. anyways, is anyone doing/done this? does anybody have any specs, links, pics, etc? I've always been curious about doing a viper build with an apex motor and boosting it. thanks in advance!

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Not a popular build due to having to build a new chassis from scratch and just fit plastics, unlike nypex where factory bulkhead is used with some trimming

kinger9

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2009
www.piergenius.com
I saw some pictures where a apex motor was sitting in the viper chassis and it wasn't even close to fitting. Like anything it can be done but it won't be easy and it will require messing with the geometry of the steering. Certainly the easiest way to power is to turbo the 3 holer. A custom propex seems to be more popular then a vipex.

H

hotmail

Sep 30, 2011
NORWAY
Not a popular build due to having to build a new chassis from scratch and just fit plastics, unlike nypex where factory bulkhead is used with some trimming

CRracing sells complete kit for 4000cad. he is building one right now 1155cc with MCX kit.

Premium Features