• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Changing to a 01 wiring harnes, to a 03 harnes???

J

jbsumbc

Oct 26, 2008
Tumbler ridge b.c. Canada
Hi there, I have a 01 Summit that I'm thinking of changing to the 03 wiring harnes?
I can get almost all the parts, for the 03.
Would my 01 Stator, and coil need to be updated to that harnes?
He has the MPEM, Key, Gages, Harnes, Voltage Regulater, and speedo coming off the shaft. Is there anything to update other than that?
Thanks!!!

J

jbsumbc

Oct 26, 2008
What is your reason behind changing it over to 03. I know that they electrical on the 03 is much better than the 02 but thought that that 01 was a pretty solid electrical system... just curious what you are trying to accomplish?

My sled has had some electrical issues, on mad pow days! It will run fine for a half day then we stop for lunch, then it will not fire up again. I let it sit for a couple of hours then it will fire up, and run fine???? This has has happend numeros times.....
It has gone into limp mode on me a few times too. I have gone over all of the electrical last year, and put dielectrcal grease on all of the conections, and it still happed. I'm a mountain rider, and need this sled to be reliable.
I can get most of the electrical stuff for a good price.

My sled has had some electrical issues, on mad pow days! It will run fine for a half day then we stop for lunch, then it will not fire up again. I let it sit for a couple of hours then it will fire up, and run fine???? This has has happend numeros times.....
It has gone into limp mode on me a few times too. I have gone over all of the electrical last year, and put dielectrcal grease on all of the conections, and it still happed. I'm a mountain rider, and need this sled to be reliable.
I can get most of the electrical stuff for a good price.

Well if that is the case... swap away! The 03 is best electrical system in the ZX platform and if you can get the stuff cheap... go for it!

J

jbsumbc

Oct 26, 2008
Well if that is the case... swap away! The 03 is best electrical system in the ZX platform and if you can get the stuff cheap... go for it!

Ha, Alberta Boy! I also have a 830 motor that I had done last year, It rips! I looked all over the elactrical last year when I had the motor out to see if I could find a problem, and couldn't see a thing wrong. I have 162''-15''- 2'' track, 8 tooth extro., 21-43 gearing, 58-38-46, Black White Spring, Team secondary. What you running??? Is there anything you would change?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Ha, Alberta Boy! I also have a 830 motor that I had done last year, It rips! I looked all over the elactrical last year when I had the motor out to see if I could find a problem, and couldn't see a thing wrong. I have 162''-15''- 2'' track, 8 tooth extro., 21-43 gearing, 58-38-46, Black White Spring, Team secondary. What you running??? Is there anything you would change?
Thanks!

I am running the RKT 827 with dynoport pipe and can (sounds wicked!), 151"x 15" x2" track (long enough for the insanely tight tree lines that we run), extros Team secondary with a custom helix and black/red spring, vforce III reeds. I have kept the primary stock only adding a bit of pin weight. I am running 20/43 gearing (I am changing this to a 19 tooth top gear). On top of the gear change, the ONLY other change that I am making is jetting... I wanted to be safe last year so I ran 480s for main jets... WAY too rich which I think was killing my hp... I will change to 450-460s this year. I was really happy with the first weekend out and am only making minor tweaks.

Here is a pic and a video or 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MwjR_Oh7-o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syXtl-UJg0M

Sledding Pics 004 (small).jpg RKT 827 pic  (small).JPG Sledding Pics 011 (small).jpg

Premium Features