• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question for the Ladies: Large Clothing?

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
...the respect of men riders....
Two points I want to make myself here from my own personal experiences.
Point #1-ladies clothing...we don't all like pink, a soft blue in anything would be nice occasionally, but not to dwell on colors. I am 5"3, 120 lbs-where exactly does a someone of my size find nice riding pants. Mens pants are way too long, childrens pants either too short in length or inseam-either way-don't need riding pants creeping up like that for 200 mil;es or so. Luckily, a local dealer of Choko clothing understood when I first started riding, and kept ordering things for me to try until found the perfect pair. I still use that pair after 10 yrs! God bless her for her time, effort, and patience! My first coat was a men's coat-still use that too but found something a little more "girlie" even though all black. Not all of us want pink-this is true- but something a little different would be nice. However, valid point made earlier on another's post-always great to see a guy's face when they have been smoked by a girl. Which leads me to my 2nd point...I can't tell anyone how many times a guy has looked at me and walked away when I tell them I ride. Many don't take girl riders seriously for some reason-anybody have an answer for that? I even told a guy he didn't want anything to do with me until he found out I ride with only guys and ride more miles in a day than he did in a season. Now, he seeks me out for riding tips, and trail comparisons. Why do some think we are "the little ladies knitting at home?!"

I wear these and I am your size I weigh a bit more but and I love them

PANTS%20FASION%20FIT%20PANTS200.jpg

arctic cat Women's Catgirl Fasion Fit Pants
200 grams of Thinsulate Flex Insulation in seat and hips
-150 grams of Thinsulate Flex Insulation in thigh/legs
-Excellent range of motion from flex fabric
-Unique, women's only style

they fit really good

Last edited:
M
Aug 29, 2005
Arvada, Colorado
Obviously my attempt at a light hearted response in a serious thread that "I" started, fell on dead ears.

Please accept my most humble apologies for the offense I have caused, it was most certainly NOT intended. For crying out loud, I am the one who suggested to Shwee and Wish that we create this forum. Why on earth would I want to come in and sabotage something I worked to create?

If you honestly think that my comments are driving away other ladies from posting in this forum, and that by my being here I am a greater liability than an asset, I will graciously withdraw from this forum and leave it to you instead.

I think they were a little harsh on you Christopher. I could tell it was all in fun! Lighten up ladies, this is supposed to be fun, not serious all the time!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
While out researching this topic some more, I came across the biggest "Plus" size I have yet to see.
But I would guess they are pure junk as well.

http://www.yourstoretoexplore.com/inc/sdetail/8933\

115_1579.JPG
<table class="esbPriceTableSale" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="ecdLabel" width="10%" align="right" valign="top">Reg. Price:</td><td width="90%"><s>$70.00</s>
</td></tr> <tr><td class="ecdLabel" align="right" valign="top">Sale Price:</td><td>$59.99
</td></tr> <tr><td class="ecdLabel" align="right" valign="top">Save:</td><td>$10.01
</td></tr></tbody></table>

The Womens Plus Size Rawick bib is constructed with quality waterproof coated fabric, warm, high quality insulation and durable ykk zippers to stand up to your toughest ski demands. These bibs run a little small; so if you are in doubt, go up one size. Thanks JUST ARRIVED!! ALL SIZES NOW IN STOCK

Details:
NYLON WATERPROOF FABRIC
MICRO THIN, WARM SOFT INSULATION
ELASTIC SIDE PANELS
FRONT ZIPPERED FLY
DEEP WELTED FULL SIZED ZIPPERED POCKET
ADJUSTABLE SHOULDER STRAPS
D-RING FOR KEYS OR SKI PASS
BAR TACKING AND REINFORCED SEAMS AT STRESS POINTS
INSIDE ELASTIC SNOW CUFF
100% NYLON TAFFETA LINING FOR COMFORT

PLEASE REMEMBER TO ALLOW EXTRA ROOM FOR LONG UNDERWEAR

SIZE CHART
2X-WOMEN'S 18-20
3X-WOMEN'S 22-24
4X-WOMEN'S 24-26
5X-WOMEN'S 26-28
6X-WOMEN'S 28-30

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
After a full evening of examining the clothes offered by all the major players I could get hold of, it would seem that ARTIC CAT offers the widest range of size support of any manufacturer. This does not mean that they have the best selection of clothes for aggressive sport riding, but that they do seem to offer a bigger selection of woman's sizes than any other.

arctic%20cat%20sizing%20chart.jpg

Premium Features