• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

broken clutch pin bolts

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
broke a pin but luckly enough it didnt take out my clutch.
What causes this? Should i just replace them every year?

Is there an aftermarket pin i could replace these with?

DSC01751.jpg

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I broke one just like that the other day, first time ever! My set screw had never been loose so there was no wear on the pin or weight, so even with the pressure of the set screw on that spot there was really no clearance for a pressure bend on the pin. I wrote it off as fatigue at the pressure point and put another bolt in. I felt real lucky than my clutch did not come apart too. Sure made a bang when the first half flew out and another bang when I let up and hit it again and the other half flew.

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
i caught it on the M but didnt on an f7 last year. blew the tower off the clutch.
they are 7.00 something each. i was thinking the same thing to replace each year. cheap insurance.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I had one break as well a couple season ago but, i had drilled the set screw holes just a hair deeper in an attempt to hold my MDS weights in place. I chalked it up to being my fault and replaced all the bolts. So far (knock on wood), no more failures.

Premium Features