• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What Does Your Rev Summit Weigh

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello Everyone,

I am curious and think this would be a good learning thread, So lets all list what are sled weighs if you have weighed it, Or if you know what your sled weighs or even if you don`t exactly know what do you estimate what it could or does weigh now considering what you have done to it and parts you have added, so lets list all the parts you have on it to lighten it up and the estimated or known savings of your mods being homemade or parts added and even parts taken off we all know there are things we can take off that gives us weight savings.

Like my sled is an 04 Summit X 800HO it had a 144 but extended it to a 159 this we know added weight but that don`t count.

So for this Mountain S,led thread cause we all know the benefit of the longer track so to me this thread of for Sleds that are 800cc or bigger and that have 151 or bigger tracks.

You could please also add pics of you Bad *** sled with your info or advice. which to me is what they all are!!
so we can see and all get ideas to what to do and what to add or remove from our sled to make them as light as we can possibly get them.

Who has the Lightest one?? that has positively honestly weighed it , if you haven`t weighed it what do you honestly estimate what it should be and how did you get it down that light???

I am excited to learn and read all the listings and what to do to get my sled lighter, I know this can in places be expensive. and there are also inexpensive or free
mods and inexpensive ones they are all welcome and would be cool if listed here.

My sled,I extended it to a 159 Series 4 track, flipped the front shocks over and installed 6.9 pilot skis that have been swapped from side to side. right after I purchased it. Then I started from ther trying to slowly remove weight, So bye bye swaybar and the outer plastic clutch cover guards is gone, all foam removed, all wheels in rear skid, except obviously the rear axle and 3 wheels, Lol. It also has a aluminum lower gear in the chaincase that was there when I bought it , the the gear is lighter than the steel stock on but seems to be wearing prematurely so for reliability reasone I will probably replace it with a steel gear. Not sure what the saving of all these mods were cause I haven`t weight the wheels, brackets and parts I took off yet. but will post when I do that soon.

I have lightened the track by cutting out every 3rd window in the Polaris Series 4 track to except the stock extrovert skidoo drivers and I will be lightening it more when I port it and will post that saving when that is done. acording to tracks usa this is one of the lightest tracks in this length, being 52lbs not ported or the 3rd windows cut out. I have installed RSI 10inch risers which I beleive weigh the same as the 7inch riser, I have installed a Dyno Port can, not the small Barker but the oval chamber quieter one, which weighed in at 7.5lbs lighter light weight hood and possible side panels or Boss seat is next on my list, What is your list??

I have also removed the original tunnel rack and taillight assembly and stock rear bumper. and hitch that was on the sled when I bought it and built my own tunnel extension, will be redoing it its thicker aluminum than I like and want to make it lighter.

Also removed the Yellow plastic control arm protectors that hold an trap snow in the front suspension.

Thanks, Wildcard

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

Last edited:
D
wait!

Next on that list should be a set of ice scratchers, unless you want to "shave" some weight off of your hyfax. You can loose one more idler (and more weight) with the rear axle parts used in the new Polaris (two inner wheel) set-up. The parts are $65.00 retail but for 04/05 rev you need to change the wheel bearings or just run the current (2) polaris wheels. flip your axle adjusters to the inside of the rail and it all bolts right up.:cheer2:

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Next on that list should be a set of ice scratchers, unless you want to "shave" some weight off of your hyfax. You can loose one more idler (and more weight) with the rear axle parts used in the new Polaris (two inner wheel) set-up. The parts are $65.00 retail but for 04/05 rev you need to change the wheel bearings or just run the current (2) polaris wheels. flip your axle adjusters to the inside of the rail and it all bolts right up.:cheer2:

Thanks for the reply, what is your sled ??you gave me advice on mine lets see yours?? Thats the point of this thread.

scratchers are going to be installed but I usually ride where there is enough snow I have never worn out a set of hyfaxs but I do keep an eye on them.

thanks, Wildcard

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
ive removed a lot of weight stuff on mine and im hoping to see the low 500s. no light bar, cut the back of my tunnel down quite a bit. cut my drop brackets down, kicked the rear of my running boards up and lost some weight there. got an oval can, removed all the foam, took the idler wheels off and did the 2 wheel kit to it. made my own custom light set up, extro verts turn 4 drivers into 2 lost some weight there, ported my running boards out a little bit, put a shorty windsheild on there to loose some weight, got 2 hole porting on my track(they say over that looses floatation), removed the foot limiters that are where your feet go when they are all the way forward in the runing boards, i no longer have a tach or spedo, i put screen where they used to be and have a small digital tach now, and i took the big hand warmer controller off and built my own rocker switch set up on the dash. took all the metal vents out of my hood, and replaced them with screen. and some more small stuff but thats enough typing. the full pictures of my sled are old and dont show the new gauge set up or tunnel mod i did.
0911101019.jpg

0912101004.jpg

0203112005.jpg

0203112005a.jpg

Last edited:

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Danzick,

Cool lookin sled and alot of mods I would like to see the pics of it with all completed mods you mentioned, If you like yellow, I have a set of skis the same you have in yellow I changed my sled to 6.9 Pilot skis

I also have a Skidoo yellow skidplate also, I am lookin to trade someone for a black one.

I eventually want my sled all black with just the hood and dash blue like yours are

I like the idea of the mesh in place of the hood screens, and would like to see some pics of the parts you took off in the front foot area, not sure what parts
your talking about,

I would like a set of snoweliminators but might do my own running board porting and design.

Thanks for the reply and pics lets keep the replies and pics comin

Wildcard

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
i dont really like the color yellow actually haha. im eventually going o try and find a good deal on a black xrs seat, and some black side pannels. and ill get a picture of it today maybe if i have time. my gauges quite working so thats why i did the small digital tach, pry only saved like half a pound there.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
468lbs stock according to BRP(2007 Model year 144" X Model - Mine is an '06 but correct me if I'm wrong, only real difference was handlebars 440 style(maybe only on X-RS?) and track(Lite))

SLP Full Exhaust. - 11lbs(SLP Website Claims)
Ported track with every second clip removed. - 4lbs(I had 6lbs down, that was a 162CE. My 150 lost 4lbs total)
No wheels in suspension, scratchers installed - 5lbs
9" CF 3 wheel Kit w/Freedom Axle - No Weight Loss
CF A-Arms - 8.5lbs(Nextech Website Claims)
No Sway Bar - 5lbs
C&A Pro Skis - 2.2lbs
Foam, shielding, and plastic shielding removed - 3.5lbs(could have been wet, LRD would have better weights for the stock stuff)
RSI Bars, Powdermadd throttle block and rocker switches for controls. - 2.1lbs
New Springs on front shocks - 2lbs(Stiffer and shorter springs)

Plus there's other little things, no taillite, no snowflap, etc etc.....doubt they account for much, I'm not one to really care all that much with this sled either though. AND I ADDED STICKERS......SO HP IS OVER 200 WITH THESE MODS THEMSELVES ;)

430lbs doesn't sound right....sounds kinda light....maybe it is that light? Doubtful....but it's late and I'm second guessing my addition skills.....I always figured in the 440-450 range......does this mean I can get off this diet and pack on those lbs I lost thinking I needed to? If I could guess a dry weight, I'd say 445lbs.

attachment.php

ThedirtyMexican01.jpg

Last edited:

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Awesome sled Reeb

Love the all black look that is what I`m talking about if everyone listed the
mods and weight like you did in your reply would be nice to see all Rev owners on here do the same on this theard. Nice Job. breakin it down

Mine Will look pretty close to the same as yours but like mentioned before I
want the Blue Hood and Dash like the 06 or you can say I`m going to Clone mine, Lol

is it an 06 or 07 lookin at the seat, and if not do you know what that style seat weighs?? I goin to change to my 04 X model seat to your style seat or a
Boss but your style seat is less expence.

Thanks,Wildcard

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Awesome sled Reeb
Love the all black look that is what I`m talking about if everyone listed the
mods and weight like you did in your reply would be nice to see all Rev owners on here do the same on this theard. Nice Job. breakin it down
is it an 06 or 07 lookin at the seat, and if not do you know what that style seat weighs?? I goin to change to my 04 X model seat to your style seat or a
Boss but your style seat is less expence.

Thanks,Wildcard

thanx buddy. I doubt the sled weighs in the 420lbs but taking published dry weight and the weight savings from the aftermarket websites, I did weight the rear axle and handlebar set-up....pleasantly suprised at the weight loss as it was more of a function thing for me than weight loss with either mod. I also weighed the rubber and clips off the track and the crap that came off the skid. I weighed the stock skid(with the wheels that had been taken off), then the Renegade skid stripped of wheels.

The sled is an '06 with the Ptek. The seat is also stock, weighs 7-8lbs I figure. Not the lightest but definately lighter than the couch you got on yours. Drawback of the seat is slight, but adds weight in the form of storage. Meaning you have to add storage somewhere on the sled to compensate for the jean pocket you have with the stock seat.

I personally don't have any storage on the sled but was thinking a oil caddy next to the chaincase and a cordura bag of some sort to stick in it and carry a couple water bottles or the like. I don't mind carrying my lunch on my back but if I can stop having to carry my drinks back there it would help.
Tunnel bag is not an option for me, first off, I hate anything that I'm storing to be wet, and the hardcases look pretty flatlander to me. Like I said, not an option! haha

I did have a handlebar bag and it was so friggin useful I didn't think I'd get rid of it, but after going with new bars and removing the clutter from them, I have a real hard time putting a big ole bag back on. But definately the best choice people have.

Around the front of the pipe was another point of interest as the ceramic coated pipe doesn't heat anything up in the nose. And no foam up there increases storage area.....still wouldn't want to take a swig of my water bottle and find out I'm drinking hot tea instead!

The other option I have is a Boss seat. Fix my storage issues but I don't actually like the higher seat position of the Boss when compared to my Rev X seat.
On other sleds, for sure, like my 1M, I love the higher seats....but I fail to connect with the higher seat on my Rev. Not sure why as pretty much every sled I've ridden, I feel right at home when a Boss seat is used instead of a stocker.
And if I'm really that desperate for storage options....I will sport the bar bag again....I'm just fighting it right now.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I'm actually holding the 2007 Dealer Binder right now and for 2007:
Summit RT 1000 151 - 534lbs
Summit RT 1000 159 - 539lbs
Summit X 800 144 - 468lbs
Summit X 800 151 - 473lbs
Summit X 800 159 - 478lbs
Summit X-RS 800 151 - 468lbs
Summit Adrenaline 144 - 479lbs
Summit Adrenaline 151 - 483lbs

I cannot lift my Doo with the ease I lift my modded Kitty. I've never weighed the Cat without some fuel in it, always in the 420lbs range with fuel/coolant/etc etc and two people can carry the sled with one hand each. Possible with an XP, don't think it's possible with my Rev.......pretty sure I couldn't.....gonna find out tmrw when I go to the shop and try it!

Actually adding oils and coolant would bring me up to the 440ish range which definately sounds more realistic. Not better, but realistic.
I'm happy with that.....although Floating the rear with Nextech's Renegade Float kit sounds awefully tempting. The M-10 ment for this sled is looking pretty meak at this point. Especially if the SLP extensions on the 'gade skid hold up.(Which I've heard they don't)

Last edited:
D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
reeb, how did you loose soo much? are they actually accurate weights, or did you guess. how did you loose 3 lbs going from like 6.5 wheels to 9? i could see maybe a 2 wheel kit like mine cause i lost a pound if i was lucky there. and how did you loose 6 lbs at the track? i did 4 hole porting on my old track and lost like 2 lbs if i was very lucky. and those clips weigh nothing just dont see 6 pounds there. also i removed all my wheels too and i defs dont really see 12 pounds there either. just curious, cause i am way under estimating my weight loss if your numbers are correct. not calling you out im just wondering. cause if your numbers are right i want to put mine on a scale and compare it to a crazy mountian extreme. they have a ton of titanium stuff and they are like 414 i believe.

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
oh and wildcard, if you look at the rear picutres of both of sleds, and you know the 2 rubber hold downs that hold our side pannels on? look right below the lower rubber hold down on my and yours and see if you can tell the difference where my foot well space is bigger and yours is smaller. thats the foot thing i removed.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Danzick,

Ya ok thats what I thought you were talking about will have to do the same, I read on Ttabs thread on Dootalk about he adjusts that piece for our boots to clear for instance the loop piece you removed that bolted on the back side he would take his boot and put it sideways in the footwell and then ajust that piece up till the boot had plenty of room to go from straight up to tilting to the side, His boot hung up there once after fallin off and drug him for a while and almost hurt his ankle very good Idea I thought so removing it would probably be better.

going ridin this morning out of Boville ID towards Elk River Id. for a short ride

Thanks, Wildcard

B

BackCountryBob

Aug 7, 2001
Arvada, Colorado
Hi Reeb, are the CF A-arms chrome moly 37" wide? If so, did they help with side hilling? Supposidley they are 7# lighter than stock.

I have a R&M Axess seat on my 04 which weighs 5#, 3" taller and has a ton of storage under the full length of the seat. www.rmproducts.info

BCB

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I used a never scientific fish scale.
Stock rear axle with wheels installed vs CF set-up. My stock wheels weighed about 2.5lbs each with bearings. I have most parts sitting on a shelf at work.....will be weighing them again on a digital gram scale if you really are interested.
3 sets of wheels under the skid with supports in a carboard parts box - ahha I forgot and must say, I was weighing a 162 skid(which has a lb more aluminum? than a 144 skid)
You remove every second clip off your track and tell me different. Honest 4lbs alone, I also cut off the driving nubs that aren't used by the extroverts but didn't include them in the weight loss as they only weighed about a lb if I was lucky.

Did you catch the fact I was second guessing myself and not believing the weight loss of my sled? Because I have a full mod that weighs 420lbs running with a gallon of fuel. My REV is ATLEAST 20lbs heavier and I would suspect even more just by heaving them around the shop and the like. And OEM's weigh sled parts, not actual sleds. Meaning no grease, no oil, no coolant, definately no fuel. Hence the disclaimer that the 468lbs number was BRP's published dry weight. I'm not into wrecking my Rev by making it featherlite, I want it to be dependable and bulletproof. Lightweight doesn't float my boat on this sled, got no reason to lie.
Now if someone has a dry weight out of the crate on these sleds....I'd bet that means my sled is between 440-450lbs.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Wyoming T/A listed the following full of fuel:

06 800 summit x 159-565#

07 800 summit x 159-564#

Take 80lbs off for fluids(guessing?) and I'm pretty damn close in thinking 440ish range for my sled.

**Sorry guys, had a big wind storm last night and the tents and our big arse signs at the shop got smashed to oblivion, been spending all day cleaning up the mess. No weights today.

Last edited:
D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
na its cool really. i was just wondering. i had no idea the stock wheels weigh 2.5 lbs a piece. in that case i pry lost about 3 pounds when i did the 2 wheel kit. im really gonna have to throw mine on the scale when i can. it would be hard to do dry weight due to coolant and oil and drailing all the fuel tho.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Hi Reeb, are the CF A-arms chrome moly 37" wide? If so, did they help with side hilling? Supposidley they are 7# lighter than stock.

I have a R&M Axess seat on my 04 which weighs 5#, 3" taller and has a ton of storage under the full length of the seat. www.rmproducts.info

BCB

They are not 37" but stock width. I got the weight savings right off Nextech's website. They actually claim 8.58lbs or something to that effect. Again, I did not weight certain things like the a-arms and exhaust, some weights were taken right off the companies websites.

Premium Features