• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m1000 trouble shooting

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
08 m1000 won't rev past 6500 like it is in limp mode. No codes coming up have seen ccu come up on display a couple of times wih no code #. looks like power valve are opening but not fully. Cleaned and adjusted power valves. Tried new ecu, ccu, powervalve motor, disconected saftey switch. tps with in specs. Tried new stator. Next is new wiring harnes unless anyone has any other ideas.

My friend has an 07 M1000 that just started doing the same thing. I have the exact same sled, so we have been changing everything around with no changes to his sled. He has tried everything we can think of and are out of options. We have swapped primary and secondary clutches, ECU's, pipes, cans, checked to make sure the track turned freely, checked power valves, checked plugs - I can't even remember everything he has checked. Sorry I wasn't able to help, but if we figure anything out I will let you know.

Good Luck -

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
Sleds in the shop right now with this problem. Looks like it was the injectors not flowing properly. Fuel pressure was okay(46PSI), they were on the teardown to change the crank seals even though I thought they were fine (DD leaking oil), and found a scored up cyl./piston even though I had 135PSI comp. My sled was getting worse and worse every day I rode within a 300mile trip to the point I couldn't even pull 6500RPM as you guys mentioned. I kept leaning it out with the BD, good thing I didn't blow it up! Check it out, just seems like the injectors die out and won't even give you a code like my sled did. Not sure how to test for flow though?

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Wouldn't an A/F or EGT pick this up at a High temp?

Just wondering. Mine is down also with a burnt PTO piston.

Thunder

Sleds in the shop right now with this problem. Looks like it was the injectors not flowing properly. Fuel pressure was okay(46PSI), they were on the teardown to change the crank seals even though I thought they were fine (DD leaking oil), and found a scored up cyl./piston even though I had 135PSI comp. My sled was getting worse and worse every day I rode within a 300mile trip to the point I couldn't even pull 6500RPM as you guys mentioned. I kept leaning it out with the BD, good thing I didn't blow it up! Check it out, just seems like the injectors die out and won't even give you a code like my sled did. Not sure how to test for flow though?

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
You would think so. Weird part is my PTO piston is stuck on the back side opposite to the the exhaust ports. So even when I inspected the sled before bringing it to the shop, and they did the same before disassembly you could not see the damage. My sled died on me twice in one day over +500 miles ago. It was a long hard pull and it just shut off like I hit the kill switch at the top of the hill and I had to turn out and ride a dead sled downhilll. Started on the 4th pull resistantly, ran another 15mins and did the same, died and started up on the 3-4 pull. Ran great ever since? No signs that I had done any damage at any point in time in between until the injectors failed on me. I believe the exhaust probe caught the high temp, but too late and the damage was done. I think this could have been saved with an A/F ratio gauge or EGT. Hard to tell... Next year the A/F gauge is going on, these laydowns aren't piston wash/plug friendly, tired of lifting the hood, moving the BD box to the handlebars as well.

R

Rms Rydning

Sep 30, 2006
North Norway
08 m1000 won't rev past 6500 like it is in limp mode. No codes coming up have seen ccu come up on display a couple of times wih no code #. looks like power valve are opening but not fully. Cleaned and adjusted power valves. Tried new ecu, ccu, powervalve motor, disconected saftey switch. tps with in specs. Tried new stator. Next is new wiring harnes unless anyone has any other ideas.
Had the same problem with my buddy sled.The Exhaust probe was out.
Put it back again and everything was normal.

C

catman01

Mar 3, 2005
If you are getting ccu without codes and you have swapped out all of the electronics I would suggest you look closely at the main harness and the connectors!!!

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
I had a problem that sounded pretty close to yours. The dealer replaced the main harness and the problem went away. Runs great know. It would fall on its face as soon as I hit 6500 RPM’s. And then felt like it went in the limp mode also. It felt like my power valves weren’t working. It also blew my fuse on the CCU unit. Good luck

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
We are replacing the harness know and will know tomorrow if it was the problem. I hope so we are running out of options.

Premium Features