• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

whats your kids ride? Lets see some long tracked??

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
T

Turbo Monster

Nov 26, 2007
Hinton Alberta
That's my nine year old in the middle with his 07 F-5.This year it's getting a 136 2"track,Extrovert drivers to gear it down,and a stinger he say's it,s to quiet.

IMG_0765.JPG

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Those are some cool kids sleds (most are nicer than what I was riding up until a few years ago!).
What about the 1st poster's request, anyone else longtracked a 120?
How fast can you make those little things go?
My oldest son, 5, is really wishin' for his own machine next year (lucky little ***ger if we, I mean Santa, gets him one!). He's kinda small for his age, so he's got a few yrs before he could even handle a Bravo or Indy Lite or anything like that.
I'm hesitant about it, because we like to put some miles on and I don't want to have to sit in the parking lot all day while he does 7mph in a circle. Can you get them up to 20-30mph where he could actually go out and ride w/ us?
(Figure I could just throw it on a sled and tow it if he gets too tired.

S

Summit Guy

Oct 24, 2001
Buffalo, MN
Here is one I sold this winter( sorry Switchback )
minifront900.jpg

miniprofile900-1.jpg

miniright900.jpg

tunnel900.jpg

minifront900.jpg

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
When I was a kid.....W8! I still am!!! Lol!!!

When I started riding, I had like a '73 or so Enticer 250. It was a good sled to start on but I remember at least one going up in flames and plenty of break downs. Good thing my parents rode Polaris:p I didn't get to take my own sled out all day until I was 8. I rode around fields and Crystal Lake before then or when my parents stopped in a field for lunch. When I was ten (and my brother 12) my parents upgraded to XLT's and we got their '91 Indy 400 and '92 Indy 440. They would do 80-90mph on a straight away:cool: I don't know how, but I usually lucked out and rode the 440:D It was a great sled for a youngster. It had what Polaris called an E-Z Throttle. It had a bit more of a reach to it but the main trail usage amount of throttle was extremely easy. If you gave it the onion, it was about the same as a normal one. My mom hated it though. I guess I always had big hands:rolleyes: If you could find one of those laying around, it would be a great find. It was a 121' and we put 1" traction scoops on it which really helped. If a guy could get the 133" SKS track, it would be perfect, but you would have to put smaller drivers on it and rail/tunnel extension on too. Oh and it landed jumps good too. Then I got a modded out Ultra RMK when i was 14 or so. Had to have horsepower since so watch out!

S
Dec 1, 2007
stared my son on a pol. star at 6.them moved him up whenhe started to out ride each machine . never went to a long trank till he got his 44o liquid at 12 then only 136,he is know 15 years old and 6' riding a 97 700 rmk 156.and rides circles around me and my 800, 151.
i feel that the cost of bring them along slow is cash well spent.the skills he learned so he could keep up and go are priceless. his sidehilling and turn out ect skills are scarry .hes ablity to get out of truble are beond his age.
my .02$

D
Nov 26, 2007
Prior Lake, MN
Out here in the flat lands there are a few companies building what are called champ 120's. My buddy is getting in to it pretty big with his kid and its amazing what kind of parts they build for those things. A 120 makes like 4 hp stock and I think Rec Motors is pushing almost 14 out of there sleds. The sleds get a total mod running go cart clutching, so they have a primary and a secondary. They install a jackshaft with a lightweight brake rotar, and it has sprockets which are very easy to change. Boss seats, lightweight front end kits, wide running boards, clicker shocks front and rear......U name it these sleds got it. Pretty sure that I think most of the sleds have almost 10 g's in them with buying the sled. I was thinking to my self that with some rails and a longer track you would have one sick kids sled.

S

Summit Guy

Oct 24, 2001
Buffalo, MN
Summit Guy please post, What track? 88" by? Any clearing issues with track? Did you raise the bulk head? Gotto love that fabcraft tunnel?

The sled was done by fabcraft so I do not know all the particulars, but the track was stapled like a conveyor but I do not know what it was from.

Here are some items on the sled

Fabcraft tunnel
carbon fiber trailing arms
long track
custom steering arm and strap
The whole chassis was powder coated
custom pipe
misc engine mods
antiratchet drivers
etc..

It was a great sled but he outgrew it (9 years old) and runs a 550 rev now

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
my kid

he started out on an enticer 340 when he was 9 moved hime to an srv540 at 10 then at 11 switched him to a 96 phazer mountain lite which is up for sale and then I got him a m6 after ridin moms and loving it and he is only 13by the way how did you guys get the phazer tunnel like that

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Tell me that's not your pink helmet in the snow
Say it aint so.:eek:
That's some deep stuff for a phazer.

That helmet is a white one with a little bit of red on it. That picture is 11 years old and was scanned in a while ago and lost a little bit of the original color. It also was not my helmet. I usually wore a Blue one then but had a friend that was using mine so I used our spare helmet.

Yeah that was deep stuff for that thing. That was 1997, Oh what a year:D I wish we had snow like that here again. Haven't seen it that deep at our cabin since. This year was the closest but it was just a normal year. It was so deep we couldn't make it up the small hill to our cabin. We had to walk in the last 100yrds and get the V-max out to blaze a trail into our cabin.

Our garage is 8 feet high and the snow was just about to the top of the garage on January 6th. Man I wish I had that kind of snow every year all year long.

in garage (Large).jpg Cabin Buried (Large) (Medium).jpg

Premium Features