• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 yeti

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Looks like more details coming next week...

This is what they have posted so far.

From YETI:

ENGINEERING INNOVATIONS
-----------------------------------------------
- New Narrow Rail Design
- New Track Options
- New Brake Design
+ Many more engineering enhancements to the entire product line for 2018.
> 2018 MODELS
> 120 Sport
> 120 SS (NEW)
> 129 Freeride
> 129 Freeride SS (NEW)
> 129 Robbie Maddison Special Edition
> 137 Mountain Lite

<iframe width="1100" height="619" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6vwaTUjPH5w?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Right, been waiting for the release for a bit. Narrow rail design sounds interesting, but could make it impossible to use new track designs on older stuff.

R
Apr 18, 2016
Don't see anything about the shock. Everyone I ride with is on Yeti's and the shocks have all blown out. They have all been sent in for the update and now all of them that switch flips out of the powder mode over to the other mode and they have rubber bands holding them in place or something. The Yeti is a nice kit but the mountain bike shock is a joke. Hope they have that fixed.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
The majority of people with yeti snowmx, that I have spoke with, don't run the shock. Mine is still in the bubble wrap. It was originally used as a way to import to USA without patent infringement, because TS had a patent on the fixed strut. My suspension feels better than any of my other kits and that's with the original floats, and no rrs. I am sure they have improved on the design of the rrs. Raptor makes some quality components. Supposedly the SS designation is a race model to compete withe sx. We need the full release!

D

dieselpower

Dec 12, 2008
Bellingham, Wa
Lets hope SS stands for stainless steel I'll take a heavier bike that doesn't keep having bolts, rod ends, etc break.

By the way I still have that 137 track that we agreed to a deal on.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Jamie told me that they will have a new stronger tunnel design for 2018. It is going to be a carbon composite honeycomb construction if I understood what he told me correctly. No weight penalty but stronger.

S

simbatheking

Feb 5, 2010
invermere bc
The majority of people with yeti snowmx, that I have spoke with, don't run the shock. Mine is still in the bubble wrap. It was originally used as a way to import to USA without patent infringement, because TS had a patent on the fixed strut. My suspension feels better than any of my other kits and that's with the original floats, and no rrs. I am sure they have improved on the design of the rrs. Raptor makes some quality components. Supposedly the SS designation is a race model to compete withe sx. We need the full release!

u should try out the rrs strut. i love mine. its super plush and i leave it unlocked in all conditions unless im trying a big climb which isnt often. I did have to put it on the firmest damping setting to prevent it from bottoming tho and im only 190lbs naked so a fat guy might bottom it out.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Mine is the 16 version with no lockout. I have considered contacting raptor to see if they could revalve it to be extra stiff. Then I could use my 20 clicks to almost lock it out.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I have the 16 also. I run mine three clicks out from the bottom. It seems pretty good. I also added 15 lbs. psi more than the recommended setting that comes with the kit in all three chambers on the rear shocks. I weigh 220 without gear on. I knew that I needed to run more air than the factory recommendations. It seems pretty good now. I wasn't a Fox Float fan but the shocks work good. My dealer prefers the Floats over the Raptors which I found interesting. He thought that it might have been a supply and demand issue as well as cost that drove the change from Fox to Raptor. I suspect that the Floats are several pounds lighter than the Raptors which is a benefit.

G
Nov 15, 2015
Fargo
Just IMO, shocks are the one area that you shouldn't really be concerned about weight, it takes what it takes for them to be good and if that is an extra half a LB so be it

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
I think the floats work very well on the Yeti. Mine absorbs impacts, settles in the bumps decently, and doesn't kick. TS kits I owned didn't do that. I will try the RRS I,m sure, for now more concerned with putting on a better track for spring snow!

S

simbatheking

Feb 5, 2010
invermere bc
my 16 track has worked great in sping snow. its got crazy traction. the only place it doesnt is if ur poaching somone elses line that isreally solid. those rock hard ice condition are not a concern to me. the 16 yeti was a no compromise deep snow machine w eo track clip removed and soft track. they keep changing it to suit the americans with icy snow condition who complain that it doesnt perform in hard crust. id rather have a deep snow version

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
My upgraded track (17) worked better than the Camso kit track did last weekend. There was about 6" of soft snow on a hard base. My track definitely held the sidehills better without sliding out. Descents were better on it too.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
they keep changing it to suit the americans with icy snow condition who complain that it doesnt perform in hard crust. id rather have a deep snow version

Brings up a couple of interesting question ,
What happens to those discontinued tracks ?
Why are you using a deep lug track on a ST ?

Premium Features