• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

side pannel paint

Nov 14, 2009
Anyone painting side pannels?? What kind of paint/primer are you using?? Will sanding the side pannels give them a glossy look?? I would like to change this XP from black to Red. Looking for the best/logical way. Any advice/ideas would be great. Thanks

W
Dec 1, 2007
paul,Idaho
paint

If it were my sled i wouldnt paint them at all. if you notice after you ride your xp for a while you start getting white lines from were it flexes and i would think if it is enough to do that , i would assume the paint would crack just like plastic bumpers on cars. You might be able to add a flex agent to make it more plyable .

T

Theron

Dec 10, 2007
Anchorage
profile.myspace.com
I used krylon on my rev and it came out fine, but it wears through quick on the corners were the cover is constantly flapping while trailering. I did sand a spot on my rev and it wouldnt get smooth, left a bad texture. I dont recommend sanding.

S

SilverGriz

Oct 22, 2004
Hayden, ID
Had a few small chips but nothing too bad. Still looking good. I had a buddy that is a professional bodyman/painter do them. Flex added to the paint and clear coat.

DSC04235.jpg

DSC04230.jpg

B
Dec 28, 2008
Krylon

I used the Krylon Fusion flat black....went on real well. We'll see how well it holds up. I'll post some pics when I get my machine back.

Premium Features