• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What should I buy? Good advice please...

C
Oct 15, 2009
I know there is alot of articles out there comparing these sleds but I haven't seen any comparing them back on flat land. I live in ND so all my riding is not in the mountains although that is what I love best. I go out west 3 times a year and the rest is back in ND ditch banging with a few trails mixed in. In the mountains, I don't really do much high marking, I like climbing in trees and boondocking. What do you recommend for me and why? The most I want to do is probably put a silencer and a clutch kit on it at most. I am debating between a 09 skidoo summit 146 or 154, or the 09 polaris rmk 155. What one is the easiest to convert from low elevation to high? I have been a polaris guy forever but thinking of switching... I want to buy one this weekend. Please advise.:confused:

Last edited:

Backcountrypro

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I rode a 151 Summit Rev here in North Dakota for a few years and it worked good. The Summit models are pretty easy to switch back and forth from low to high elevation. Really all you should have to do is add some pin weight for low elevation riding. All you will need is a clutch puller and TRA Button Retainer clips and the right set screws.

I have a friend that just bought a 09 Summit 154 and he will ride it here and the mountains. I guess I wouldn't get anything longer than a 154.

C
Isnt the summit essentially a longtracked or converted version of the Skidoo Rev/XP trail sleds?

Maybe thats why they seem to do so well in those magazine comparo articles in the trail comparison tests.....The sway bar may play a role in that as well. With my swaybar removed mine is a different animal on the trail for sure. Nice N' Tippy. Like an M series!

Nov 26, 2007
walla walla
hmmmm

I hate to say it, but I think that I am going to go back to polaris on my next sled. I weigh 250 and the doo chassis is just too tender for my fat butt... I have ridden a dragon and it seemed to handle really well, but was anemic compared to the doo...How is your dealer support? and what kind of deal can you make? I have seen 09' 154s for 8200 out here...

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
I used to ride a Polaris Pro-X longtrack, I'm on a Doo now.

I'm the same way, ditchbang around home and go out west 2-3 times a year.

Dec 30, 2007
sd
I ride on 08 154...1000 miles mostly Black Hills and back home...I can't vouch for the mountain riding as to how good it is, but it is very comfortable if you do any trail riding...especially if you are over 6' tall.

Premium Features