• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Powder Lites Stage 3 Map ???

S

seano700

Dec 10, 2007
Peace River, Ab
I recently down loaded the Dec09 PL Stage 3 Nytro map from S&M. The file has no comments so I'm not to sure where to set the following:

Min Voltage
Max Voltage
Load steps
Fuel pump correction

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Sean!!:)

S

seano700

Dec 10, 2007
Peace River, Ab
Settings

Caught up to Dave this am.

Vmin 1.35
Vmax 4.45
Load 0,5,10,20,40,70,80,95
Pump correction to 0
43-46psi fule pressure.

Havent had a chance to try it yet. But it sure idles rich 10.5AFR with this new map.

Sean

R
Dec 5, 2007
www.snowandmud.com
I ran the map for 2 runs so far, one to McBride and the other to revy. In McBride It was good, except at idle. It was at 14.5 - 15.2 AF, and in Revy it ran good most of the day untill it got warmer out and then ran like crap. AF was high on idle at 14.5 - 17 with the regulator at 52 lbs. It was pulling great till the outside temps got warm then it started bogging and running rough when doing anything with some fuel. Otherwise this has been the best map I ran so far with most pulls at 12.2 - 13.3 AF. My settings are all match what was previously posted. Im making some fuel managament changes and will request to reprogram mine and see if its even better. Reading the info in previous posts Im starting its strange that we have different AF readings.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
I ran the map for 2 runs so far, one to McBride and the other to revy. In McBride It was good, except at idle. It was at 14.5 - 15.2 AF, and in Revy it ran good most of the day untill it got warmer out and then ran like crap. AF was high on idle at 14.5 - 17 with the regulator at 52 lbs. It was pulling great till the outside temps got warm then it started bogging and running rough when doing anything with some fuel. Otherwise this has been the best map I ran so far with most pulls at 12.2 - 13.3 AF. My settings are all match what was previously posted. Im making some fuel managament changes and will request to reprogram mine and see if its even better. Reading the info in previous posts Im starting its strange that we have different AF readings.

Why dont you guys get the software for the RB3 and make your own changes, its stupid simple.:confused: Use the trace function and watch your air/fuel. I've tuned out every rich and lean spot the original map had.

T

tranquillicer

Nov 27, 2007
Sask. Canada
Dido!

This sounds exactly like mine. Ran good in Sic. in Dec. @ -5 to -8 and then since I got it home the only riding was at near 0 and run like crap. Sputter off idle and bog at upper mid like its out of fuel but not lean on A/F. Shows lean at idle but PL said long ago not to worry about idle as long as its good with some throttle and that's always been good there. 11.6-12.3 under load. I e-mailed Dave over a week ago about this and so far NO RESPONSE! That's not like Dave but non-the-less I've heard nothing.

R
Dec 5, 2007
www.snowandmud.com
Let me know if you hear a response, Ive emailed Dave as well. I am also doing some fuel delivery changes. Ive got a end from Dean at Alpine for the rail cap with a 5/16" end for a hose. I will be running the fuel directly from the pump to the rail then on the other end of the fuel rail will be a BEGI 2025 Fuel regulator then from there will return to the tank. Thats seems to be the way most of the turbo company's do it. I took that fZ-1 Regulator apart and the rubber is all checked starting to come apart. I also want to run the Rapid Bike programmer on mine once Ive completed these changes.

Lococoin

Lifetime Membership
I tested this map today at about 5500 feet and around -2 celcius. When first starting up the sled was running super rich(10.9 a/f). When i started up the trail i was running super rich as well, so rich it was showing --- on the aem.

I was originally running 46 lbs of fuel pressure.
Turned it down to 42 lbs and it was better but still in the 10.x a/f in boost.
Turned fuel pressure down to 39 lbs and then the map was tolerable. There is a small section where its 13:1 at a couple of pounds of boost, but other than that is has in the high 11s the rest of the time. Idle is now at 13.5:1

Im trying to figure out why this map works so well for Ron but ran like *** with mine unless i cut back the fuel big time.

Sean, did you get a chance to play with it yet?

Premium Features