• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bubbles coming out of coolant tube

R
Nov 21, 2009
West Fargo, ND
I completed a quick pre-ride check-over on my sled, checking fluid levels etc. I rode 92 miles, and my coolant bottle showed about 1/2" to 3/4" less coolant after the ride than before. I started up my sled, the next day and you could see bubbles passing through and out the little over flow tube.

I beleive I have a gasket issue.

Should I just go ahead and do a complete gasket kit, pistons/rings.
or
Check the head gaskets.

Thanks

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
My guess is you are right about the head o rings. You may only need to replace the inner ones. You shouldn't need to go any farther than that. You are getting by fairly easy if it is just blowing a few bubbles and loosing that little coolant. Usually when an inner o ring goes it blows anti freeze out big time. If one of the outer ones is bad you will leak coolant down the outside of a cylinder not blow it out the bottle.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Check heads for flatness and agree that you will likely just want to replace the o-rings. You could just do inner, but if you are already in there, might as well do all 4...if 1 went bad, the others might be there too.

Premium Features