• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber disappointment

Thread Rating
3.00 star(s)
J

jeepin270

Aug 27, 2009
Maine
Why is considered bashing when all I have done is share the truth?
I bought Justin's kit because he sold it to me, told me everything I wanted to hear kinda of thing. He didn't provide what he was selling me. I would have never complained about it if Justin didn't totally give up on helping me. The main problem was the initial map that was in my box. He did eventually come through with a good map.
Sorry, I don't want to sell my sled or turbo.

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
i have had problems with mine... but i realize that the turbo game is totally new to me and the majority of my problems are all just learning the right way to do things. there does come a point where after umpteen mindless questions anyone will run out of patience. i know because i asked a bazillion dumb questions and learned more when i stopped asking dumb questions and figuring out on my own whats going on and why and then how to fix it. i understand that it is unreasonable to believe that im the only one calling with tuning and setup questions and if your asking questions that make you seem like you have no business with a turbo sled then your calls are going to start going down the list of importance. trying to dissuade potential customers for him is not going to get you more help either.

FWIW

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Enough of the B.S.
Has anyone ever wondered why people that buy certain kits rarely post about problems? I find it funny that most of the people bashing me are the same ones who are asking about clutching and plan on changing fuel controllers. Didn't a fuel controller and a clutch kit come when u purchased your kits?
This is a quote, I have no experiance with OVS but I read this on there website. "OVS has over 30yrs. experiance this ensures that the customer is getting the best knowledge in the industry. Other kit manufactures have 5yrs exp. in the industry. This is what creates customer dissatisfaction after purchasing a kit and it doesn't perform. Then customer is stuck with product and it ruins there outlook on turboed sleds. If they would've purchased a quality product that has yrs. of tuning exp. behind each turbo kit they would enjoy each heart throbbing second that they pull the trigger on there turboed sled."

Why is considered bashing when all I have done is share the truth?
I bought Justin's kit because he sold it to me, told me everything I wanted to hear kinda of thing. He didn't provide what he was selling me. I would have never complained about it if Justin didn't totally give up on helping me. The main problem was the initial map that was in my box. He did eventually come through with a good map.
Sorry, I don't want to sell my sled or turbo.

It's considered bashing when ithe negativity is continuously directed at the same person all the time.

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
Use the search function and look at other brands that have had problems with turbo kits ALL companies have had issues big or small. That is a nice quote from OVS but considering the efi turbo market for 2 strokes has only been around the past 5 years doesn't mean s*** that they have been in business selling sleds for 30 years. Look at the 4 stroke market boondocker has been around one of the longest and you don't see hardly any yammis running 4 strokes anymore you see companies that have entered the market later.

And you can knock me all you want but I am happy with my kit and Justin has been willing to replace my box but I personally have opted to go to Boost it. Not because my sled didn't ran good, because it ran like a raped ape. But I wanted more tuneability on the hill, instead of 5 settings on the dobeck I'll have 30+ fuel settings I can tune in for MY liking.

If there were these companies that have been around with no issues why did you buy a Silber kit to begin with??? Especially on a dragon Justin was just in the market then but to bash someone for YOUR choice of kit is a little sad.

And if you blame people wanting to change the controller box you do realize that the dobeck box is on: OVS, HM, Turbo Performance (unless you opt for boost it or vipec). Its was also used by Impulse prior to standalone, used by Alpine, etc. And as for clutching Justin's is great and was spot on for me. Some guys just like different feel for their clutches which is why they make adjustable weights, different springs, etc.

I am not going to argue your point. But I want to clarify, turbo Efi sleds have been around MUCH longer than 5 years. Polaris come out with a EFI sled in like 90-91. Gar has been installing and building turbo kits for a long, long time. Just cuz your new to this game dont mean they are.
Hell I put my first dobeck box on in 05'.... 7 years ago.

My Silber kit still dont produce boost over 10lbs. Call it what you will, but I can guaranfukintee you it isnt because of an install issue. Lucky for me Boston Racing, whom I have never spent a dime with, is actually trying to help me out to get a new turbo on it since Justin still has yet to respond to me. And no, I will not continually call him. To think some on here think its ok that they have to continually call the guy to get him to answer is ludicrous. I could give a flying rights arse what he does other than produce turbo kits. If he cant solve his problems because he has another job than he is over his head. Hire someone. Hell hire a secratary to answer the phones. I am certain Boston has got be getting tired of doing it for free. But he knows what it takes to keep his customers, along with "others" customers happy.

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
I am not going to argue your point. But I want to clarify, turbo Efi sleds have been around MUCH longer than 5 years. Polaris come out with a EFI sled in like 90-91. Gar has been installing and building turbo kits for a long, long time. Just cuz your new to this game dont mean they are.
Hell I put my first dobeck box on in 05'.... 7 years ago.

My Silber kit still dont produce boost over 10lbs. Call it what you will, but I can guaranheckintee you it isnt because of an install issue. Lucky for me Boston Racing, whom I have never spent a dime with, is actually trying to help me out to get a new turbo on it since Justin still has yet to respond to me. And no, I will not continually call him. To think some on here think its ok that they have to continually call the guy to get him to answer is ludicrous. I could give a flying rights arse what he does other than produce turbo kits. If he cant solve his problems because he has another job than he is over his head. Hire someone. Hell hire a secratary to answer the phones. I am certain Boston has got be getting tired of doing it for free. But he knows what it takes to keep his customers, along with "others" customers happy.

I stand corrected on the 5 year thing, it was more of a generalization since the turbo 2 stroke market has really come on except the past 5-7 years when mountain sleds were really coming on strong. I understand that there were flatlanders that have used them longer, just didn't hear much about it.

Glad Boston is helping you out, even though Justin has has answered for me if I knew Boston was a dealer when I ordered I would have ordered through him since he seems to be on his game 100% of the time.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
a person once told me that he didn;t know the secret to success
but he knew the secret to failure..
and that secret is" trying to make everybody happy"

some customers do ya alot more good at the competition..

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
JSCC , we are gonna get you a new center section, If anybody else has Silber issues send me a PM. Justin is away from his phone most days now working at his Dock business. Spring came early for him and he has been working long hours.

I have most things in stock for the kit so If you need anything that just let me know.

J

jeepin270

Aug 27, 2009
Maine
JSCC , we are gonna get you a new center section, If anybody else has Silber issues send me a PM. Justin is away from his phone most days now working at his Dock business. Spring came early for him and he has been working long hours.

I have most things in stock for the kit so If you need anything that just let me know.

I wanna say that Silber's dealers have been stand up. Wattsuptoyz and Outlaw. Went out of there way to contact me in the past to help me out. Thanks guys.

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut

This dude right here ^^^deserves yours, and my money! He had no reason to help me at all yet has gone out of his way to do so!
Thank you, and please thank Justin for following through!

D

dieselpower

Dec 12, 2008
Bellingham, Wa
Chalk another one up in the disappointed column

Worst experience I've had as a consumer

I had it sold, the customer had a question I told them to contact Silber and not only did he sell for less then I was asking (which was less then the snowcheck price) but he also delivered it for free.

Then I had his recommended installer do the first install $1000 later the sled runs like crap, vibrates itself into pieces. Drive out...Tow in

Then I ask said installer to fix, changed Dobek, checked his original work. Sled is returned without the oil return attached....Drive out.... Tow in

Finally connect oil return, fill with oil check installation. Ride out. Horrendous bog between 4800-6500 RPM's on the new Dobek, sled vibrates horrendously stalls intermittently. Drive out...Limp in

Three rides 40 miles...2 tow-ins

Thanks Silber and to the installer that no longer returns phone calls or stands behind his work, at a bare minimum please return the parts you took off the sled.

Congrads Silber on a fantastic pile of sh!t

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Tell the guy to give me a call and I will help him out. I have already said I am taking care of issues for Justin at the moment. Call the shop at 719-578-7774 and ask for Corey. If im out leave a message and ill call you back.

IF YOU NEED SOMETHING....CALL US! Justin is going to be unavailable for a little while.

Please PM me what dealer you were working with.

J

jeepin270

Aug 27, 2009
Maine
Chalk another one up in the disappointed column

Worst experience I've had as a consumer

I had it sold, the customer had a question I told them to contact Silber and not only did he sell for less then I was asking (which was less then the snowcheck price) but he also delivered it for free.

Then I had his recommended installer do the first install $1000 later the sled runs like crap, vibrates itself into pieces. Drive out...Tow in

Then I ask said installer to fix, changed Dobek, checked his original work. Sled is returned without the oil return attached....Drive out.... Tow in

Finally connect oil return, fill with oil check installation. Ride out. Horrendous bog between 4800-6500 RPM's on the new Dobek, sled vibrates horrendously stalls intermittently. Drive out...Limp in

Three rides 40 miles...2 tow-ins

Thanks Silber and to the installer that no longer returns phone calls or stands behind his work, at a bare minimum please return the parts you took off the sled.

Congrads Silber on a fantastic pile of sh!t

I think it's pretty cool that people "silbers dealers" are available to help people on the fly. Back in 09, there wasn't any of that. I can still remember some of the calls that I had with Justin. In my opinion, he must of been a pretty good used car salesman. That's all I got for a year was a bunch a b.s.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Use the search function and look at other brands that have had problems with turbo kits ALL companies have had issues big or small. That is a nice quote from OVS but considering the efi turbo market for 2 strokes has only been around the past 5 years doesn't mean s*** that they have been in business selling sleds for 30 years. Look at the 4 stroke market boondocker has been around one of the longest and you don't see hardly any yammis running 4 strokes anymore you see companies that have entered the market later.

And you can knock me all you want but I am happy with my kit and Justin has been willing to replace my box but I personally have opted to go to Boost it. Not because my sled didn't ran good, because it ran like a raped ape. But I wanted more tuneability on the hill, instead of 5 settings on the dobeck I'll have 30+ fuel settings I can tune in for MY liking.

If there were these companies that have been around with no issues why did you buy a Silber kit to begin with??? Especially on a dragon Justin was just in the market then but to bash someone for YOUR choice of kit is a little sad.

And if you blame people wanting to change the controller box you do realize that the dobeck box is on: OVS, HM, Turbo Performance (unless you opt for boost it or vipec). Its was also used by Impulse prior to standalone, used by Alpine, etc. And as for clutching Justin's is great and was spot on for me. Some guys just like different feel for their clutches which is why they make adjustable weights, different springs, etc.

I belive that OVS had turbos back in the late 80 early90's as I had one on a wild cat for gods sake so the 2 sroke turbo has been around a lot longer than YOU realize and consider that GAR and steve Packer forgot more about 2 stroke turbos than most guys ever Knew!!!!!! FACT where do you think all the rest learnd from????

G
Apr 23, 2008
ME, Mike Mazur and the first person to ever turbo a 2 stroke, Bob Bergeron at Land and Sea in 1977.

Yup,, LOng long before the ebay turbo was around..

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
ME, Mike Mazur and the first person to ever turbo a 2 stroke, Bob Bergeron at Land and Sea in 1977.

Yup,, LOng long before the ebay turbo was around..

Oh yes and Kevin Hanson and John anderson in 81on an indy at west yellowstone with the first gen aeros,,, forgot about those good times with CARBURATORS when real men had turbos LOL!! Gus your making me feel old!!! Again!!!!I forgot???? ,,How many pistons per pound of boost was it??and I was talking companys that why I said late 80'S wild men like you live for ever!!LOL

Last edited:
C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
Jeepin - Wondering what kind of problems you had (other than customer service) with the turbo? I am looking to buy a turbo before winter and am exploring all options. Did you install the kit yourself or have one of his dealers install? It seems some problems come from improper setups. Thank you to all for feedback

Premium Features