• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 Y-pipe fit?

MR MOOSE

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2008
Gods country B.C. !
So I busted another Y-pipe on my 09 M8 Boondocker turbo and I have access to one off a 2015 M8. Question is will it work? I'm tired of welding these up so this gives me a fresh start for a bit and also the 2015 doesn't have the pinch in it that the 09 does so I'd think flow would be a little better? Just looking for thoughts or experience with this. Thanks in advance.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Get your self a d&d y pipe.
I've had one on my boosted cat now for a couple of years.
Stockers crack within a couple of rides for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U
Oct 26, 2014
Minnesota
Different part numbers from Cat. The 10-16 M8s are all the same one, the 09 says it's different. However, if it fits on, ride it, it propably has a better design and more flow for the HO motor.

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
Not super helpful for a quick fix... but for sure get yourself a D&D is where I had the best luck as well on my 09.. solid upgrade. Don't think an HO will fit...

MR MOOSE

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2008
Gods country B.C. !
Thanks everyone, I got a couple spare stockers for now and an SPI one on the way to try? See how it works I guess. I did find the motor mounts on the mag side were loose, guessing that was the problem in the first place.

Premium Features