• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tall YZ

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I think those KTM rods were not meant to be adjustable, but they are installed at an angle so they needed rod ends to work properly.
Will be installing my shortened strut mon and prob riding tues. Will report back.

If no one tries anything new the natural progression and advancement stops.

This is a relatively new sport and there is a ton of development and advancement left to do.

Lets not stop the advancment keep trying its all good:cheer2:

That's how the aftermarket got going in the first place than the OEM's use the advancements from them and they in return borrow it from the guy that does changes for himself out on the snow.

The real R&D happens by Joe Schmo on the snow.:face-icon-small-ton

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
Hey Joe

so this joe schmo just raised up the front of his wr, striffer fork springs, less compresssion dampening, slid the forks down 6mm.

so it gives the track a little better sno attack angle
less dive when you drive the ski into snow holes/ditch's/ modest jump landings, bike drives on through better
my own build so not all mtn horse applicable
when I shorten the rod puts too much weight on front of track, effectively makes wheel base shorter and less predicable in the snow

of course the snow changed, changed my jetting, down one tooth on gear box top gear, new ski conig ( waiting for newski ) , changed rear shock angle

evolving drama

If no one tries anything new the natural progression and advancement stops.

This is a relatively new sport and there is a ton of development and advancement left to do.

Lets not stop the advancment keep trying its all good:cheer2:

That's how the aftermarket got going in the first place than the OEM's use the advancements from them and they in return borrow it from the guy that does changes for himself out on the snow.

The real R&D happens by Joe Schmo on the snow.:face-icon-small-ton

Exactly!!! I doubt any bike manufacturer recommends putting a track and ski on their bike. Lol

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
Had a new rod made thats 1/2" shorter center to center. It lowered my seat height 2" Its much easier to dab a foot, but really, the more time I get on the bike, the less I need to dab. Keeping momentum up through the trees eliminates the need to dab! But I am happy with it. Maybe the track attack angle isnt as good and deep snow performance is reduced, I dont know until I can run it off against a stock YZ

D
Dec 14, 2007
Central, WA
Same setup

Hey poo, I just got an '11 YZF and put a '13 kit on it, took it out for the second ride today. Love it. The stock rod length is fine for me, I'm 6-1 but I was curious if you added any outerwear material in the air intake along the radiator shrouds? I haven't been in fluffy powder yet and figured that would be a good idea. And I was also curious if you have blocked your radiators at all, everytime I stop I have to pull the inrichener lever to start it on the first kick. I love my bike and the kit, it's amazing what they'll do!! Thanks, Derek

Premium Features