• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Team Tied Secondary

B2

Premium Member
Jan 31, 2010
Sheridan, WY
Is anyone using the Team Tied Secondary? I like the theory behind the axial movement with no rotation between the sheaves, but does this actually translate into that much more efficiency? SLP claims you can run an additional 14 degrees of helix angle.

S

sledhead004

Jan 20, 2008
Craig,Co
I've been thinking of doing the same, there is a chart for some helixes in the increasing your IQ sticky: I'm running a carls cycle helix and would like a similar helix, I think you can call team and they would tell you which helix is comparable.

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
Kelsey...what were you seeing on the Pro with this clutch? Was it getting more hp to the ground? Track speeds higher?

B2

Premium Member
Jan 31, 2010
Sheridan, WY
Did some development work for Team onthe Tied and currently have it on my Pro.. works very well .. great clutch

So using the calculator (slick by the way) the equivalent spring/helix combo to be comparable to stock would be 66/52 helix with 140-200 spring, from the stock 56/42 and 155-222?

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
I am running one on my Pro. I am running the exact setup that SLP recommends for the piped 800 Dragon for 8K feet. The only thing I had to do was drop down from 10-62 to 10-60 to get the 8150 - 8250 rpm that SLP believes pulls the hardest. I am not sure on head to head with a sled that doesn't have a TIED but I rode mine and then my dad's up the hill and the TIED seems to be a litte more responsive from a seat of the pants perspective.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I have the tied and really liked it on my D7... I'll be transferring it to my new build this year

I had consistent rpm control, even in our difficult thick heavy snow with crust etc throughout the climbing range.

Jack Struthers (Carl's) tried them last year and preferred the TSS-04...which is what he is used to tuning with. It is a different principle in helix application .. so it is possible that the "translation" can cause difficulties.

I've heard both sides of it from people that I respect very much. I liked mine in use and it functioned flawlessly and had very good clutch temperatures.

Last edited:

longgold

Premium Member
Nov 9, 2010
Whistler BC.
RK Tek Helix

Unfortunately Kelsey sold out of his custom helix, which apparently is the BOMB.....he's going to make more if there is more interest!

I for one am very keen, so if anyone else has been contemplating one (they do come highly recommended on these threads) then please contact them and order one, so I can get mine...

Longgold

Last edited:
I

iq 700

Dec 8, 2008
Cromwell mn
i took my stock sec off and put on a tied and put kelseys (rktek) custom helix in and holy crap what a difference sure wakes these sleds up instant backshift and a very noticeble track speed diff. great product thanks kelsey:thumb:

longgold

Premium Member
Nov 9, 2010
Whistler BC.
I am getting lots of PM's about the RK HElix.....be sure to contact RK TEK (google it) if you are going to order

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
i took my stock sec off and put on a tied and put kelseys (rktek) custom helix in and holy crap what a difference sure wakes these sleds up instant backshift and a very noticeble track speed diff. great product thanks kelsey:thumb:

So, you're saying it clearly gave you increase in track speed?

Speed before and after?

Thanks!

RS

Premium Features