• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 M6000 too tippy for wife

S
Feb 15, 2010
Wife is coming off a 2009 CF 600 which she rode fairly well, so I thought new M6000 would be just the ticket for her. After 2 rides this year she is afraid of it in soft snow because it's to tippy for her. I have the skis adjusted all the way out already, so now I need to find a fix for it. My thought is going to wider A arms ( while everyone else is going to the new narrower ones) just not sure what will fit it and if I'll need shocks etc. We usually ride in the Horns in varying conditions. She's not going to get used to it the way it is so I need to do something and as always would like to do it the least expensive way.

Would wider skis be enough?? That sucks she dosent like it, i would think it being so...we'll call it flickable instead of tippy....would be a great thing for a woman rider that usually has trouble with getting the sled on edge...

S
Feb 15, 2010
I'm in Sidney MT. and she's 49 so she doesn't like to get it on it's side she likes it stable and not flickable. I know it sounds crazy but she is a woman.:face-icon-small-dis

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Maybe a set of the original Simmons skis? They have the carbides on the inside AND outer edges. They effectively increase your ski stance. I bet you can find a pair pretty darn cheap too.

By the way, I tipped my 15 M8000 (with the 2016 front end) over a bunch of times today as well. Stop on a sidehill and over it goes. One ski hits a small tree and over it goes. I feel like an a$$ clown because I keep tipping over and my skis are wide as well.

W
Jan 21, 2016
South Sasky
I have black zbros a arms and orange spindles on my 13 m8000. I also have a white set of factory a arms. Both sets are 38" and in great shape! I live 3 hours from Sidney. Would be willing to meet in say Culbertson to trade up.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
My wife doesn't like mine for this same reason. I've got a 38" width with 16 spindles.

Sent from my telephone

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
All you have to do is loosen the front skid shock, and stiffen the rear. That will plant the front end and if you go way loose it will feel like a 42" front end. Plus it will make it not trench at all. Play with it a little at a time, she will get used to it and you will wind up going back.

Gripper skis will also help, feels way more predictable.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Need to swap tie rods and shocks also.
I luv the 16 front. Ride on one ski all day.
The 38 will still be tippy for the lady, Its the nature of the proclimb. She needs a Polaris, they are more planted and stable.

You could pump the ski shocks up to 90psi and loosen the front track shock till the spring rattles. But still won't be a stable as a PRO. If u want to stay with cat, Maybe a crossfire is more stable?

GS6

W
Jan 21, 2016
South Sasky
I have black zbros a arms and orange spindles on my 13 m8000. I also have a white set of factory a arms. Both sets are 38" and in great shape! I live 3 hours from Sidney. Would be willing to meet in say Culbertson to trade up.

If interested, I'll come to Sidney and give you both sets of a arms!

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Most people who ride the 16' for the first time think it's pretty "tippy". Swapping your 16' front for a 38" (13'-15') front end would really help, but would kill your resale value. If you trade someone, trade the complete front; shocks, spindle, up/low A-arm and steering rod. Personally I'd do the Simmons ski idea. I think that would really help and be the easiest.

yz250_

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
My mom struggled for prob 10 rides on hers. She has finally gotten used and loves it and would not trade back for her M chassis. Just have her stick with and keep riding it

S
Feb 15, 2010
Thanks for all the info guys, I'll start by adjusting the rear skid & go from there. She has ridden the Pro & was way more comfortable on it.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Thanks for all the info guys, I'll start by adjusting the rear skid & go from there. She has ridden the Pro & was way more comfortable on it.

I mentioned my wife not liking mine on a previous post. She has a 600 pro and loves it. She says it feels real stable to her. The skiis are in the widest setting also if that tells you anything.

Sent from my telephone

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
I've got the complete 40" front end off of my 2012 that I'll trade with ya. I've already swapped to the 2016 front end so It's complete A arms spindles tie rods and float 2 shocks. All black. Also just bought a new '16 sled so I wouldn't mind having some spare parts laying around...just in case

S
Aug 15, 2009
I have an orange front end from a 2015 m8 ltd, I have the fox float 3s which are on the shelf right now. You can keep your shocks and sell them. I have evols on mine now. 715 360 2012

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I have a 40 inch 12 front end all black in new condition I'll trade you complete with shocks and I'll even pay the shipping. Problem solved and won't cost you a penny;)

Premium Features