• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How many of you 900 guys are going to pay the $10?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Being a 900 owner how could anyone not afford pay. Look like I'm in the minority.

Sorry Polzinhunter and everybody, I've been one of the loudest displaying my anger with christopher. I'm glad you guys all don't mind being duped. If they would've done this before christopher came along, I would've gladly paid $50 a year to be here for reasons you all are using to justify in staying. I'm not convinced since he's taking over that the site will get better. His timing for this is terrible.

In my industry transmission rebuilding, I belong to 3 technical sites that I pay for.The big difference is THEY provide the information that helps me, not the participating paying members.

I had a very lengthy conversation with a very prominent business owner who frequents this site today regarding a very interesting subject. It seems that there are some members who constantly call and bug him for advice/tech support and then turn around and give it out to the members. You might think that's great but how is that business suppose to make it like that when all his time and hard work is basically leaked out for nothing. I'm sure this goes on deaf ears but as a former business owner, I completely agree with him.

Now Snowest wants to charge for that businesses hard work and ingenuity with disregard for these type of businesses.

Now, if we pay these leading individuals for their hard work, their testing, etc. then I'd have no problem. But why should Snowest profit from these pioneers in our industry.

There's just too many holes in all this. christopher owning AVOW (a pay site for the Mormon church) leaves me with many questions.

At this point, I'm on the fence.

Last edited:
B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Being a 900 owner how could anyone not afford pay. Look like I'm in the minority.

Sorry Polzinhunter and everybody, I've been one of the loudest displaying my anger with christopher. I'm glad you guys all don't mind being duped. If they would've done this before christopher came along, I would've gladly paid $50 a year to be here for reasons you all are using to justify in staying. I'm not convinced since he's taking over that the site will get better. His timing for this is terrible.

In my industry transmission rebuilding, I belong to 3 technical sites that I pay for.The big difference is THEY provide the information that helps me, not the participating paying members.

I had a very lengthy conversation with a very prominent business owner who frequents this site today regarding a very interesting subject. It seems that there are some members who constantly call and bug him for advice/tech support and then turn around and give it out to the members. You might think that's great but how is that business suppose to make it like that when all his time and hard work is basically leaked out for nothing. I'm sure this goes on deaf ears but as a former business owner, I completely agree with him.

Now Snowest wants to charge for that businesses hard work and ingenuity with disregard for these type of businesses.

Now, if we pay these leading individuals for their hard work, their testing, etc. then I'd have no problem. But why should Snowest profit from these pioneers in our industry.

There's just too many holes in all this. christopher owning AVOW (a pay site for the Mormon church) leaves me with many questions.

At this point, I'm on the fence.

Sorry to see ya go. you will always be welcome here.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Oblivious the church has no problems with it, why do you?

KSH

I don't. I have no problems with the Mormon church. PERIOD!

Dude, One of my best friends is a Mormon. I stated that it was a mormon site so people knew what it was; for informational purposes only period. End of story!!

EDIT Why would anyone on Snowest know what AVOW is or means?

So you can get your underwear out of a twist!

Read slowly... I only described what AVOW was so everybody knows what it is. OK?

And...that after christopher purchased it, he made it a pay forum site? OK?

If it's the "too many questions" that has gotten you so upset, I'd like to know does christopher have an ownership stake in this sight?

Are the servers that we're being asked to pay going to be running that site also?

These questions have zero to do with what the other site IS!

My beef is with christopher, nothing else!

Last edited:
H
Dec 3, 2008
Lead, SD
I agree with dimonddave about the information that has been (and will be) posted here belongs to the forum members, not the board owners. I wouldn't have a problem paying a subsciption for something that HP provides, but not for something that isn't theirs. And yes, I understand that servers and software cost money, but I am also a member of a very large forum (over 25,000 members) that is privately owned and totaly free. Also much faster.. had to throw that in there; board sponsors and the occational raffle pay the costs. Just my feelings on this whole mess!

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
I don't. I have no problems with the Mormon church. PERIOD!

Dude, One of my best friends is a Mormon. I stated that it was a mormon site so people knew what it was; for informational purposes only period. End of story!!

EDIT Why would anyone on Snowest know what AVOW is or means?

So you can get your underwear out of a twist!

Read slowly... I only described what AVOW was so everybody knows what it is. OK?

And...that after christopher purchased it, he made it a pay forum site? OK?

If it's the "too many questions" that has gotten you so upset, I'd like to know does christopher have an ownership stake in this sight?

Are the servers that we're being asked to pay going to be running that site also?

These questions have zero to do with what the other site IS!

My beef is with christopher, nothing else!

I find it kind of odd that a Religious forum would be a pay forum.... It sounds more like a business venture than anything contributing towards the sharing of religious belief that would be expected from that kind of forum.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Wow did this thread take a sharp left into the hopeless abyss of a religious arguement.

I really dont give a chit about the 10 bucks. All I want is to be able to access the info and freinds I've made hear .

Dave I am sorry to see you go !

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
Wow did this thread take a sharp left into the hopeless abyss of a religious arguement.

I really dont give a chit about the 10 bucks. All I want is to be able to access the info and freinds I've made hear .

I agree...I dont want to see you go either but i DOO understand your reasoning. I am not happy about the way things went either but no matter how we got to this cross roads it truely is inevitable that we would of arrived here. The information and contacts are just to valuable to me here ie, I never would of found some sucker to make me a aluminum chaincase cover without snowest...;)

Information/forums will one day all be a pay site IMO. Just like the govt will prolly make us pay for emails to. NOT happy bout it thats for sure.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Let's get back on track now shall we, PLEASE.

The thread was started concerning the pay system for THIS site, Lets refocus on the question at hand.

I do not want to have to start deleting peoples posts because I know you guys do not like that!

H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA
God this place needs to get back to the way it used to be...this chit is getting ridiculous.

Let's get back on track now shall we, PLEASE.

The thread was started concerning the pay system for THIS site, Lets refocus on the question at hand.

I do not want to have to start deleting peoples posts because I know you guys do not like that!

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.

If anybody had read my whole post, you'd see in my last sentence that I said I was on the fence. Christopher answered many of my concerns in a PM this morning.

Kill switch It has ZERO to do with religion or the Mormon church. if you don't believe that, then I'm wasting my time.

Agree 94 Ford Guy!!!

R
Mar 11, 2009
Utah
I'll stay I have gained so much from the posts and advice on here, but thinking back six months ago when I was first looking for info on my new purchase of an 05 900 if I would have gotten to the sight and seen there was a fee I would have left and looked else where first.
Thanks everyone for all the info.
Rod

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
If anybody had read my whole post, you'd see in my last sentence that I said I was on the fence. Christopher answered many of my concerns in a PM this morning.

Kill switch It has ZERO to do with religion or the Mormon church. if you don't believe that, then I'm wasting my time.

Agree 94 Ford Guy!!!

Sorry Dave I get interupted by work to much and I loose track of my thoughts.I also agree that your post is not about religion. It does seem funny how "THE MAN" has a record of turning free sites into pay sites.either way we need all the good peeps we can get and the 900 crew is the best

Premium Features