• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have a # to AC that has some pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Burn Down

Dec 22, 2008
Boise Idaho
I know of a couple up here as well. 1 with about 1k miles covered under warranty, cylinder and piston. The other has 350 miles and has some scuffing on the mag side, out of warranty... Wyo what side went down on yours?

G

Get.Slicked

Aug 7, 2009
Your dealer isn't working that hard for you. 1 cold seized and 2 mal-lubricated 800 HO engines in the last five years, Cat covered all three, no questions asked.
Do you have photos of the pistons/cylinders?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Mac's and I's dealer works harder than any dealer I know since Michelle at OTS. I had no worries with warranty's last year. This isn't the past though

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Does the warranty claim fall under Cat Care? Is there a difference between the two, Cat Care and Arctic Cat?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Here's where it gets good. Pics have to posted so the pics will tell the story. That way, no he said she said.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Here's where it gets good. Pics have to posted so the pics will tell the story. That way, no he said she said.

What pics would serve a purpose? It's a failure with a stock motor... what's to see?

As to oil tank, being that it sits higher in the chassis, if anything it should be "better" (less likely to get a bubble that could cause a problem)

Sucks that a warranty has to be a fight, that's one of my biggest issues with poo, and if the other two are going to be the same way, what differentiates them?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
The intake uses stock parts and petty much the same, just made of carbon fiber.

It's not from lack of oil, the piston swelled and seized. No real reason and no way of knowing why. Straight up 4 corner seize, very little on intake side but pretty aggressive on exhaust size.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
What pics would serve a purpose? It's a failure with a stock motor... what's to see?"

Cold seizure or even the real cause in these low snow, hard pack conditions, OVERHEAT.

Stupidity is not covered under warranty.

Where's the pics?

Last edited:
G

Get.Slicked

Aug 7, 2009
What pics would serve a purpose? It's a failure with a stock motor... what's to see?

As to oil tank, being that it sits higher in the chassis, if anything it should be "better" (less likely to get a bubble that could cause a problem)

Sucks that a warranty has to be a fight, that's one of my biggest issues with poo, and if the other two are going to be the same way, what differentiates them?

Any technician worth their salt knows that a lean burn, cold seizure, and mal-lubricated scuff will look entirely different. That's why pics matter.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Because its so important for him to pull his pipe back off to take a pic for you. He came here asking for a number to get ahold of cat thats all. Not 2 bit comments from the peanut gallery. You act like we dont know $hit about sleds LMAO!!!

Last edited:
G

Get.Slicked

Aug 7, 2009
Because its so important for all of you to make him pull his pipe back off to take a pic. He came here asking for a number to get ahold of cat thats all. Not 2 bit comments from the peanut gallery

Cat doesn't deny something without good reason, in my experience. And to hear someone come here to air out dirty laundry makes me believe there may be more to the story.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Polaris was having problems with oil cap not venting and scuffing motors... maybe if lack of oil was cause, the TKI cap is defective...

--Possibly bad fuel?

--He mentioned he had several other motors scuff also, could it be operator error...?

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I don't know. How many mods to a sled should be allowed before warranty is denied? Should a can void it? Polaris thinks so. Should a different hood, a pipe, a turbo. Where should the factory draw the line? Cat has never covered cold seizures. I squeaked a piston on a 1000 one time. We got it rolled over and started and ran it he rest of the day. I was riding with my dealer at the time. I said we should get it in and put in a new piston. He said Cat won't cover that. Ride it till it blows up, then he could get it covered.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Thats why i ride them till they blow. No questions asked after that. Even though we always properly warm up our sleds. I have never had an issue with cat and engine warranties, thats why Im curious as well on this.

He is using the stock 14 oil cap with the tki oil resy. Last time I rode with him I saw he didnt overfill his oil tank before the ride.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I'm sure you guys have explored this already but to me it sounds like the thermostat may have stuck and then let a lot of cold fluid fill a hot engine. If that's the case there should be no question that warranty should cover it. Dealers of all vehicles today have a constant battle with the manufactures trying to get things covered, usually a call from the customer to the manufacture has better results than the dealers get. Just be honest, cordial, and firm.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Because its so important for him to pull his pipe back off to take a pic for you. He came here asking for a number to get ahold of cat thats all. Not 2 bit comments from the peanut gallery. You act like we dont know $hit about sleds LMAO!!!
I'm thinking you actually don't know $hit about sleds, nor can you read.
The guy said it's a classic 4 corner seizure. Why would he have to pull off his pipe if he already knows it's a 4 corner seizure? Hmmmmm. Common sense says that if you 2 peanut brains saw a 4 corner seize, the pipe is long off, along with the cylinder.
The guy also brought up what is wrong with his sled. If he just wanted a number to cry at Cat to cover his lack of mechanical aptitude in relation to seizing a piston, he could have easily just said "I only want a phone number." Buuuut, he didn't. He posted on a public forum, he gets called out by people that know their $hit and you run to his rescue like some kinda knight and shining armor. Too funny.
Now post the pics. He ain't posting cuz he screwed up. Pretty simple. Your defending him bc you two concocted a story that AC doesn't buy and now u feel silly.
Why don't you two get together and embrace each other over the sled that has a 4 corner seize while posting a for sale ad on the net. It is going to be sold if AC won't cover the damage right?
LMAO!!!

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Could you see the damaged piston with a borescope camera - through a sparkplug hole? Maybe?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I'm thinking you actually don't know $hit about sleds, nor can you read.
The guy said it's a classic 4 corner seizure. Why would he have to pull off his pipe if he already knows it's a 4 corner seizure? Hmmmmm. Common sense says that if you 2 peanut brains saw a 4 corner seize, the pipe is long off, along with the cylinder.
The guy also brought up what is wrong with his sled. If he just wanted a number to cry at Cat to cover his lack of mechanical aptitude in relation to seizing a piston, he could have easily just said "I only want a phone number." Buuuut, he didn't. He posted on a public forum, he gets called out by people that know their $hit and you run to his rescue like some kinda knight and shining armor. Too funny.
Now post the pics. He ain't posting cuz he screwed up. Pretty simple. Your defending him bc you two concocted a story that AC doesn't buy and now u feel silly.
Why don't you two get together and embrace each other over the sled that has a 4 corner seize while posting a for sale ad on the net. It is going to be sold if AC won't cover the damage right?
LMAO!!!

Wow man... way to just be a total douche about this... you having your sexuality questioned by this issue somehow?

I'm missing why you feel there need to be such a prick about it...
Btw, You'll likely find that MANY of us know a tad bit about sleds, and MANY of us have seen cold seizes on sleds that were not "operator error".

I had one buddy who had two on stock 1000's... nobody ever figured out why, one I was with him for & it was a normal pow day, typical riding... and middle of a field, squeak. It happens, and it's not always someone "not knowing SH** about sleds", which knowing both of these guys, I'd have a REALLY tough time arguing.

I do always find it amazing how people are SO friggin brand loyal that they'll attack a person with such vigor just to defend their stupid MACHINE of choice.

Someone has an issue with a MACHINE, so you attack them... sure, makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features