• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have a # to AC that has some pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I'm having issues with cat outside my usual b1tching. Straight getting screwed and they are screwing the dealer as well. I'd rather resolve this to help dealer more than anything and want to try this first before I go off and go elsewhere (polaris) all together

Update. They took care of it, so I'll have at least one cat next year. :}

Last edited:

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
He scuffed a piston and now cat wants to deny his warranty. Says they need to test oil pump consumption, and if it passes they are calling it a cold seize and will not warranty it. Total bull$hit since Ive never seen a mikitu oil pump fail, and most my failures started as a partial seize only a few miles on the trail in from the truck when my motor was fully warmed up properly like always. I run them to the ground for total failure purposely for a reason. Total motor replacement instead of a rebuild. If Cat doesnt warranty this Im gonna buy an axys next year instead of a 16 Cat. Im as pissed as wyoboy is right now Im sure...

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Is this a new thing and how you plan on treating warranties in the future Cat? You already screwed us over starting last year with Cat care and saying clutches are a wear item now and not to be warrantied...

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
who knows... A seize is a failure and should be warrantied in my book. I was there that day and it was definitely not a cold seize. Just random.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
So we're over here riding Cat for the motor and always poken fun of all the pistons those sheeple on Polaris go through...:devil: And you get all spun out and angry about ONE piston in how many thousands of miles on your Cat???:face-icon-small-con..... And then you both think going and buying a Polaris with a "new" (SAME) motor you know will have a HIGH chance of piston failure (FOR SURE) is going to be better some how????:yuck:

I've scuffed 4-5 pistons on my Cats over 10 years and I never thought at any time EVER! of buying a Polaris as the fix to my piston issue. I looked and in most all cases and sane reasoning it was rider induced abuse of the machine. And payed out of my own pocket to fix it.

Just saying...... Polaris is probably NOT the answer. :face-icon-small-coo

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Waaaaaaaahhhh. My piston scuffed. Boohoo. Why did it scuff? What was the reason? Minimal warmup? Prolly.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Motor was warmed up and going pretty slow down the trail behind the newbies I'm teaching to ride. Just died, no reason, wasn't anywhere near hot, always team cat oil. No engine mods, keep it clean and everything in order.

This has happened on all my cats, random, these 3 where stock, one with 250 miles, 1200 miles, now this one with 600 miles.

It's over 1k repair.

Personally I'm more bent about the thousands into clutching and belts but always thought, well at least the motor is tuff and cat is good about warranty of not, all to justify the bull sh!t I've dealt with.

So when it comes to comparing I would have had more fun and spent less on a poo, cat actually cut down on my riding and took some of the fun out of it while I did the work.

Good thing is they are talking like they might cover it, but still claim the above. We will see but after 3 years of they don't throw a bone out there for something to believe in. Why bother.

Obviously they didn't have clutch problems, they just decided to put team cliches on. ... yeah ok.

My 15 pro runs great, so does my 15 doo for that matter.

At this point, I don't even care, in fact it will be an easy decision. Cover it and I'll stick around and keep helping my dealer. I go ride and teach a lot of new customers. I actually do care about helping an honest father son business to grow.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I'm guessing the motor was compromised at another time and it happened to fail when just putting down the trail. In fact, those are the times most will seize.

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
I am putting a belt drive on my 15, looking at using the oil bottle that comes with the TKI kit (2 Quarts). I started thinking that if the oil bottle was low if I rolled the sled over to get unstuck for any length of time could I possibly compromise the stock oil injection system with a air bubble in the oil line? This maybe something to look at.

Although sometimes two strokes just go down even when everything seams right. I am surprised Cat is even fighting it, especially with a loyal Cat guy that buys one new every year. That is just dumb on their behalf.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
What are you using for an oil reservoir with the belt drive?

I don't think that should even be a concern. Over 600 miles on mine using the reservoir that comes with the kit, no issues. Rode in all conditions, from 4 feet of fresh powder to cruising down the trail.

This is why we have warranty on our sleds. If the engine is 100% stock, it should be covered.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I am putting a belt drive on my 15, looking at using the oil bottle that comes with the TKI kit (2 Quarts). I started thinking that if the oil bottle was low if I rolled the sled over to get unstuck for any length of time could I possibly compromise the stock oil injection system with a air bubble in the oil line? This maybe something to look at.

Although sometimes two strokes just go down even when everything seams right. I am surprised Cat is even fighting it, especially with a loyal Cat guy that buys one new every year.

How would that be any different with the stock oil tank?

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
How would that be any different with the stock oil tank?

To be honest I do not know. I have not received the tank/kit in the mail yet. It is supposed to be here today.

Jus t something I started thinking about when looking at the design. I believe that it should work fine that is why I bought it. By know means am I assigning blame.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Weird you would have three go down. I know as most Cat guys do that in 2010 they had some lean/hot midrange sqeeks but 11 was way better and the PC seemed fatter then the M.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I'm kind of surprised you weren't running pre-mix Wyo. What kind of an intake setup are you using with the light weight hood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features