• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tired of all the cry babbies

L
Dec 13, 2008
Sure is a lot of people on this fourm that just cant see the big pitcher or speak out before they even think. Coments like cat sure droped the ball this year, cat let me down, cat fell behind the rest of the pack this year, cat blew it this year. I dont need to elaborate on the problams poo and doo have had in the past few years that everyone seemed to have forgotten. Sure theirs going to be problams with first year sleds but if you would only think about it cat is leaps and bounds ahead of the other three brands, with a two stroke engin and a four stroke engin housed in the same mountain chassie and the first manufactur to put a turbo on a factory sled. The days are numberd for the two strokers. when this happens guess who is going to be playing catch up. Every dog has his day. If you think one of the other brands are better, that is what you should ride. Im not going to ride a sled I dont like.

Last edited:

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Amen. What a depressing group here. Come on here to get some ideas to improve my ride and a small group of doomsayer have taken over. I make a post saying Cat is working hard on soloutions to some issues and just get taken over with negativity of a few.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Yeah, I'd like to back up a bit and take back some of my complaints. Here let me just shift into reverse real quick.....GRIIIIIND!

Crap, let me try that again.....clunk....There we go....zzzzzzzzRRRRRR..POP! GRIIIIND!

Hmmm, nevermind, I'll just pull around, brb....

U

Unklsnomobile

Nov 30, 2007
The cry babies are just about as bad as the braggers! Leaps and bounds ahead of the competition. Really? I've had all brands. Every year it's hard to decide which sled will be best. There all pretty good right now. As long as the companies stand behind there product and warranty them when they have issues. My experience poo didn't (900 rmk), doo did (08 xp), and cat will have to show us this year.

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
engineers from cat flew in beginning of this week to my home town to test sleds and to come up with a solution. apparently they have a solution to the belt problem, they have a solution to the sled feeling like it wants to right its self when laid over.
he said apparently coming with 38" ski stance
i dont know what the fix was for the sled righting itself.
and they said somthing about the jackshaft being changed for 2013 to a hollow one i think as they are flexing too much currently.
dont shoot me i am just the messenger of hopefully good news :)

Clarkee

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2012
Saskachewan
Great Thread Logchain!!!!!

You would think the ones that tend to complain the most would wait till the year after a new platform was introduced before buying. Most products arnt the "cats meow" right out of the gate!!! I thought most of us are here on Snowest to help one another find ways to improve not whine. If you want perfection buy the latest Maxim Magazine.

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
You would think the ones that tend to complain the most would wait till the year after a new platform was introduced before buying.

Sometimes that doesn't work. I was ready to part with my four year old '01 800 RMK when the '05 900 RMK came out and thought I don't want to be a guinea pig, I'll wait a year. Very glad I did. Well all the magazines were talking about the '06 900 RMK and how all the issues were fixed, so I bought one. It took me a full season and a few thousand dollars to make it into an awesome mountain sled. After having about $20,000 into it, it was great for the next five seasons. Trust me, I know where the Cat guys are coming from. I just feel I've earned the right to "rub a little salt in the wounds" so to speak.

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
Its to bad you cant get on this cat fourm anymore and point out some facts, and say what you think without high velocity and a few others that dont even own a pro climb, and I dought have even rode one, and making me wounder if they even own a snowmobile. Jumping all over anyone that might say somthing they dont like about their pro, buy calling them names and yes you can call me brand loyal but like I said if I dident like the sled I wouldent ride it. I feel sorry for you, its a well known fact that unhappy, immature, people with very low self-asteem, try to run other people down to make their self feel better.

LMFAO !!! Keep trying. You're so f'in brand loyal, you don't even realize I do like Cats and my posts are just fun jabs at people like you. You're making it much too easy. For the record, logchain, I do indeed own a '12 Pro 163 and would be more than happy to have you join us for a day or two of some fun tree riding.

P.S.: I have to ask. How is Cat "leaps and bounds" ahead of everyone else ?

Last edited:

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
This forum is a great place for useful discussion about issues people have with their sleds, especially 1st year sleds. The trash talk does get a little old, but you have to admit, it's all to easy to express your frustrations (generally dramatized, but not always) through an impersonal outlet. Through all the B.S. though, you generally get a great collaboration of ideas and exchange of information that is pretty useful all in all. It just kinda sucks you have to dig through a couple hundred posts of baloney to find it sometimes.

L
Dec 13, 2008
Sometimes that doesn't work. I was ready to part with my four year old '01 800 RMK when the '05 900 RMK came out and thought I don't want to be a guinea pig, I'll wait a year. Very glad I did. Well all the magazines were talking about the '06 900 RMK and how all the issues were fixed, so I bought one. It took me a full season and a few thousand dollars to make it into an awesome mountain sled. After having about $20,000 into it, it was great for the next five seasons. Trust me, I know where the Cat guys are coming from. I just feel I've earned the right to "rub a little salt in the wounds" so to speak.

Wow $20,000 into a 900 rmk. Now I call that brand loyal what was that quote you were talking about from Ron White?.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
One thing I'm gonna agree with is the big pitcher...pour me one buddy...can't complain about that!

L
Dec 13, 2008
LMFAO !!! Keep trying. You're so f'in brand loyal, you don't even realize I do like Cats and my posts are just fun jabs at people like you. You're making it much too easy. For the record, logchain, I do indeed own a '12 Pro 163 and would be more than happy to have you join us for a day or two of some fun tree riding.

P.S.: I have to ask. How is Cat "leaps and bounds" aheaeveryone else ?[/d of QUOTE]

read the first post. Does poo, doo, or yam, have a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke in a mountain chassie? Does poo or doo have a factory turbo for sale to the public? Is their any talk of them comming out with a 4 stroke turbo? im sure they will someday but the fact is cat allready has one. I dont think im out of line with leaps and bounds. I dont think you will even be able to buy a 2 stroke before long. Look at the improvments in the 4 stroke motorcycles in the last few years. 2stroke bikes are just about a thing of the past.

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota

P.S.: I have to ask. How is Cat "leaps and bounds" aheaeveryone else ?[/d of QUOTE]

No offense logchain, as I am very cat loyal, never owned anything but. I have ridden many doos, poos, and yamaha. They all have their differences but this day in age, I dont really see any sled "leaps and bounds" ahead of each other. The only thing I really see is cat having a factory warranty turbo sled in their line-up. Otherwise is all preference and what you prefer for riding style. They all have their pros and cons, Cat does have some work to do on their first year sled.. but that is expected. Anyone who expects a first year sled to be perfect is dreaming.. But as much as I am loyal to cat, I don't see them really any further ahead of the competition as any other brand. Its just the cold hard facts. It's basically brand preference. There is definitely more to it, but thats the basics of it.

L
Dec 13, 2008

No offense logchain, as I am very cat loyal, never owned anything but. I have ridden many doos, poos, and yamaha. They all have their differences but this day in age, I dont really see any sled "leaps and bounds" ahead of each other. The only thing I really see is cat having a factory warranty turbo sled in their line-up. Otherwise is all preference and what you prefer for riding style. They all have their pros and cons, Cat does have some work to do on their first year sled.. but that is expected. Anyone who expects a first year sled to be perfect is dreaming.. But as much as I am loyal to cat, I don't see them really any further ahead of the competition as any other brand. Its just the cold hard facts. It's basically brand preference. There is definitely more to it, but thats the basics of it.

no offence taken. but I just dont think you can overlook the fact that their well ahead of poo or doo in the four stroke department.

Premium Features