• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel sensor

R
Dec 20, 2017
Where or what measures the fuel my gauge is hoping all over the place. I know I have more than half a tank but the gauge dips down and flashes no fuel than slowly creeps up and falls back down. Than I shut it off and sit for a bit start it back up and it’s where it should be again and as soon as I start moving it drops off again

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Fuel gauge is attached to the fuel pump. Simple float and resistor system, both can be purchased separately.

B

benp

Dec 22, 2007
I noticed my last ride also. Had maybe 1/2 tank and next thing I knew I was reading bingo and flashing light. Freaked me out a bit.

Sat for a few minutes , light was off and level reading correctly.

Spoke to my dealer about it and he said the fuel gauge has a refresh rate of 20 seconds for fuel level which put me back to a point where I had sled really on its side.

now knowing that I will be mindful but wish it was instant.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Its the big plug on the mag side it goes to your dash its either lose or needs dialectic grease. just pull that side panel youll see it right there just give it a tug and see if it comes apart

Premium Features