• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TEAM Tied Clutch Setup Information

TEAM Industries

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Detroit Lakes, MN, Island Park, ID
We have calibrations done for the M8 and M11T Proclimb Arctic Cats. Testing was done from 5000-9000 feet.

In the turbo, we ended up with a 58-62 .36 inverse. While the boost will pull a straight 62 on long runs, the 58 inverse at the start made boondocking and slow speed maneuvering much better. Run with a Black/White spring and stock gearing.

In the M8, It likes a 71-57.36 with a red/black and gear down the top to a 20t. This setup really woke up the 8, making it rip on the flats and snap to 8050 instantly. Ran the same belt the whole trip and it still looks great.

We are in the process of getting cams made, so stay tuned for when these will be ready to ship.

Last edited:
C

CO_MapMaker

Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
Thanks for your testing/info if you Need any help at low altitude testing let me know! :)

-Aksnopro

Don't think they need help there, they can just run it across Big Detroit Lake!

J/K had to throw that out there since I grew up on that lake.

Any testing at 9k +?

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
Question for you Team Industries;

I've got the Team Tied on my Proclimb 162". I ride 7000-9000 feet and love the performance but I have an annoying rattle (for lack of a better description) at low speeds coming from the TT. I have the float properly set up, but also notice that there is some side to side movement. Is this noise and the side to side movement normal?

I have verified that the noise only occurs when the TT is on. If I put the stock secondary back on it immediately goes away.

Thanks

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
I was at 9500 today and pulled all the weight out of my mds weights to get the sled to run close to 8000 rpm. I have big probs with back shift. It would run to about 7000 and stay there if i was in some deep snow. On some hard pack hills it would run up to 8200 no prob. Think the new cam and spring will fix that?

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
Im in I put the tied on the polaris pro and could not believe the diffrence.
give me a call Ill tune it and a proclimb turbo. 8016686344 Shain

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
I was at 9500 today and pulled all the weight out of my mds weights to get the sled to run close to 8000 rpm. I have big probs with back shift. It would run to about 7000 and stay there if i was in some deep snow. On some hard pack hills it would run up to 8200 no prob. Think the new cam and spring will fix that?

I think what your experiencing is getting stuck on the progressive part of the helix where is transitions to the 57 angle. If i recall your running the 71-57 0.46 right? Notice that the helix they tested has a 0.36 length of the 71 ramp so its shorter meaning you will be on the 57 angle sooner in the shift and at lower track speeds. So i guess it should help.

I threw a red pink spring in mine with a higher finish rate to try and get my top rpms up there and mine will also spike to 8050 and then sometimes in deep snow on a hard pull it will get stuck at 7800.....

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Ahh thanks Ryan. Guess ill be ordering a cam and spring. Thanks for the offer shain very cool of you.
I was fairly happy with the track speed , i rarely ride at 9500 yet was running in the low 40s. My xp did that at 5000 feet.
On another note i let the limiters all the way out , to me that was a must do.

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
Ahh thanks Ryan. Guess ill be ordering a cam and spring. Thanks for the offer shain very cool of you.
I was fairly happy with the track speed , i rarely ride at 9500 yet was running in the low 40s. My xp did that at 5000 feet.
On another note i let the limiters all the way out , to me that was a must do.

Sorry I was directing that to team Ind I want to buy one for my sled

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
Question for you Team Industries;

I've got the Team Tied on my Proclimb 162". I ride 7000-9000 feet and love the performance but I have an annoying rattle (for lack of a better description) at low speeds coming from the TT. I have the float properly set up, but also notice that there is some side to side movement. Is this noise and the side to side movement normal?

I have verified that the noise only occurs when the TT is on. If I put the stock secondary back on it immediately goes away.

Thanks

rattling on the splines! test it by taking all the float out so its solid mounted against the jackshaft bearing and the noise should go away.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
team..what about your clutching forum?its been on maint mode since summer..any plans to have it up and running again?..thnx

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
Interesting!

On my 2012 153 M8 I'm running with 71/55 .46 with Black/Purple and 20 tooth top gear. I have the 57 on the other side, just haven't tried it. Same elevation you are running.

What did you find was difference in running the .36 vs .46?

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
just an FYI there is a shim SLP makes that you can put between the spider and spring to shorten the steeper helix ramp closer to the .36 and add 8-10lbs of spring rate...this is what i tried and my understanding is that the 0.36 length makes the rollers hit the 55 or 57 angle ramp sooner in the shift. on my sled it helped keep the max rpms up in deeper heavier snow. Also seemed to help with snapping up to max rpms when on and off the throttle running at slower speeds in the trees.

Last edited:
G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Speaking of getting stuck in a spot with the Tied, has anyone looked at their helix rollers?

Do you have deep chatter marks on the inside half? I did. Just wondering if anyone else has seen the same.

If your out there TEAM, did you see the same testing the PC?

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
rattling on the splines! test it by taking all the float out so its solid mounted against the jackshaft bearing and the noise should go away.

I agree that this is what is going on. So is it better to take the float away and lose the rattle, or just ignore the rattle? Is the rattle doing any damage in the long term?

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
just an FYI there is a shim SLP makes that you can put between the spider and spring to shorten the steeper helix ramp closer to the .36 and add 8-10lbs of spring rate...this is what i tried and my understanding is that the 0.36 length makes the rollers hit the 55 or 57 angle ramp sooner in the shift. on my sled it helped keep the max rpms up in deeper heavier snow. Also seemed to help with snapping up to max rpms when on and off the throttle running at slower speeds in the trees.

Did you use the shim for the TSS-04 or TSS-98 Clutch? I don't see one for the Tied?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
We have calibrations done for the M8 and M11T Proclimb Arctic Cats. Testing was done from 5000-9000 feet.

In the turbo, we ended up with a 58-62 .36 inverse. While the boost will pull a straight 62 on long runs, the 58 inverse at the start made boondocking and slow speed maneuvering much better. Run with a Black/White spring and stock gearing.

In the M8, It likes a 71-57.36 with a red/black and gear down the top to a 20t. This setup really woke up the 8, making it rip on the flats and snap to 8050 instantly. Ran the same belt the whole trip and it still looks great.

We are in the process of getting cams made, so stay tuned for when these will be ready to ship.

Whats your phone number and do you have a fix for the sloppy floating

Premium Features