• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Video, proclimb vs pro rmk

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
your exactly right turbo man! :) guess what we ride almost every weekend together and we both have a blast....

imagine that. hahaha

i mainly posted this to show how much a cold/hot clutches are effecting us on the hill. a cold and hot clutch is the difference between 6 sled lengths.

in other words if you own a proclimb and your wanting to himark your buddy, let your clutches cool down first.. lol

-Aksnopro

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
nothing against you ak. You won hands down. You ride what you like and your buddy rides what he like and you both have a hoot. That is what it is about. Just get tired of how everyone spins it such as the one about the other rider being 180. Sounds like you both are about the same. It doesn't matter because the pro is lighter anyway. Horsepower rules in spring snow. Going to have to get remote controls and lawn chairs I guess to make some happy. That actually might be fun. Wouldn't get in an avalanche that way.

G
Jan 18, 2012
your exactly right turbo man! :) guess what we ride almost every weekend together and we both have a blast....

imagine that. hahaha

i mainly posted this to show how much a cold/hot clutches are effecting us on the hill. a cold and hot clutch is the difference between 6 sled lengths.

in other words if you own a proclimb and your wanting to himark your buddy, let your clutches cool down first.. lol

-Aksnopro

AK U RIDE IN SOME BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY!!! hey is there WIND TURBINES UP THERE?? i work on them and if there is im thinkin of movin!!! haha great videos. hope we all figure out the secret to clutch temps and blowin belts. love my sled and we all do when they run great but when they all break there all JUNK enjoy ur spring riding MANG:rockon:

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Thanks! And yes alaska is so vast we can ride untouched snow every weekend!!

Wind turbines are getting more and more popular im an electrical administrator lets contract a couple!!

:)

-Aksnopro

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
I am a PRO rider and I will admit the ProClimb hands down beats me every time. No matter what we ride in, We've been in 2ft of fluff and 2" of crust and the ProClimb takes me every time. Him and I are about the same size, within 5lbs.

The track that comes on the Climb is just a better track and thats what moves your sled.

I ride a Pro because I like that feel of it as apposed to the Climb

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
Thanks! And yes alaska is so vast we can ride untouched snow every weekend!!

Wind turbines are getting more and more popular im an electrical administrator lets contract a couple!!

:)

-Aksnopro

Also, I work for Engineering company designing wind farms in the lower 48, but I would love to do a project in Alaska and make a "site visit"...lol

S
Mar 12, 2011
Woodway wa
I have pro climb and buddy has a pro, i have done comparison and pro can out climb my proclimb every time, what am i doing wrong on my set up on my proclimb??

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
alaska, and we have over another month of riding, even longer in some areas :) alyeska motor madness is over a month away still and thats hill cross, hill climb, drags, and a cross country race. we are blessed with a long season, but makes for a short summer. :)

-Aksnopro

D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
Sorry if this is an odd request... but do you think you could post a pic of your buddies Pro? I've been debating doing what he did. (De-sticker everything except for the white "PRO" lettering) I'd like to see a good view of it if you do happen to have a pic. Or if you could get one next time you ride with him I would appreciate it.

Thanks man.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
A good set-up on the Pro-climb must be huge, I know Cat has an awesome motor but I'm not sure about their secondary design. I've rode with 3 different Pro-climbs this year and none of them could remotely hang with my Polaris running stock recommended clutching. For those who don't think weight is worth mentioning I ride with a kid who runs the same sled I have. He is 190 dressed, I'm 225, he smokes me all day long in all conditions (10 sled lengths) in a 1,000' pull. When his dad is on his sled we weigh the same and run side by side.

Premium Features