• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chain Tensioner Arm Failing. PC8

S

SledderX

Sep 20, 2008
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
I have broke 2 chain tensioners now in 1000 mile on my proclimb 800. Both from jump impacts but nothing that the sled shouldn't handle with ease. Had to ride a friends m8 anytime we found nice jumps in the hills this week. The little block on the tensioner arm that rests against the chain is what is shattering. I am running a 20 tooth top gear. This chain case is not near tough enough. So what are a guys options ? Anyone have a belt drive kit available ? Or aftermarket tensioner ? Diamond drive ? Any help would be great.
Thanks

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
if your updates arent done or done incorrectly the top gear will be misaligned causing premature failure of the tensioner. the gear can walk, but if this wasn done then ???? i huck the hell out of mine and have been blessed with a good chain case so far, i really dont think its from jumping inless your jumping and landing with the brake and throttle on. haha

-Aksnopro

S

SledderX

Sep 20, 2008
I just dropped sled off to dealer. Thanks for the info I will have them check the alignment on the gears. The first time It broke was before the update. The second time it broke was after the update. Its the little block at the end of the arm that is exploding. Running 20 tooth top gear. 1000 miles on sled. Both times it broke was immediately after jumping. I could see maybe the first time because it was a fairly big hit and folded the rails at same time. But theres no way anything should have broke the second time. This is the only trouble I have had besides blowing 1 belt around the 300 mile mark.

Last edited:
K

Kbakbmr

Nov 28, 2009
Palmer, AK
On mine the gears being out of alignment allowed my chain to twist and the links started to fall off on the outside of the chain, which wore out one side of the plastic piece. If yours is out of alignment I'd have them put a new chain on. Seen one that was .060 out and the chain was slightly damaged but not as bad as mine

S

SledderX

Sep 20, 2008
Thanks for the info I will have them check the alignment of the gears Forsere. It makes sense that an alignment issue could be the problem. They are replacing the chain, tensioner arm assembly, and chain case cover anyway. I will let u know what the result is.

Premium Features