• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Meadowlark lodge

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
what the deal is the new ownershiop even worse than before? waited 1 hour for a beer and a burger this weekend!

M
Nov 26, 2007
One hour wait, not to bad for that place. Consider yourself lucky. We had a group of 7 go out there In early March. The first day we were there they ran out of gas, and were not going to get anymore for the rest of the weekend. AND the next time they got gas they were only going to get 300 gallons, but the have a 1000 gallon tank.....And the roads up/down the Mountain were fine. Needless to say we left that night which was a Friday, and they said the lodge was booked for the weekend. If they didn't get gas there had to be alot of pissed off people. There was another big group that just got there, and they were livid. One of the guys in that group had called and asked they "will you have gas this time" Meadowlark assured they would, they get up there...no gas.

Not to mention the food sucked, didn't have Wyoming Resident or Non-Resident stickers. Not sure how a buisness can operate the way they do......

C

chris587

Dec 24, 2007
Pierre, SD
One hour wait, not to bad for that place. Consider yourself lucky. We had a group of 7 go out there In early March. The first day we were there they ran out of gas, and were not going to get anymore for the rest of the weekend. AND the next time they got gas they were only going to get 300 gallons, but the have a 1000 gallon tank.....And the roads up/down the Mountain were fine. Needless to say we left that night which was a Friday, and they said the lodge was booked for the weekend. If they didn't get gas there had to be alot of pissed off people. There was another big group that just got there, and they were livid. One of the guys in that group had called and asked they "will you have gas this time" Meadowlark assured they would, they get up there...no gas.

Not to mention the food sucked, didn't have Wyoming Resident or Non-Resident stickers. Not sure how a buisness can operate the way they do......

That was our group that was "livid", but the gas deal was only the beginning! There were 11 of us there till Monday and it was one thing after another. No heat two nights and there was just enough hot water in the rooms for one shower every two hours. Come to find out on Monday, they had regular gas all along, but the filter was froze up. I think to this minute they still don't have premium.

On the bright side, the riding was awesome, the prime rib on Saturday night was fantastic, the staff was trying their best to accomidate us (Thanks Craig!) and they cut our bill in half. Which is too bad because they lost alot of money they could have used to improve the place. I probably won't stay there again till i get a good report from someone.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Big Horns. Sits right on Meadowlark Lake. Right next the ski resort.

I wish someone could get that place running right. It is a nice place to go ride!

Last edited:
E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
Snow

I was just up on sat and I thought it was better than the sheridan side but was tricky to ride in because the top was hard and if you broke through it was about 3 feet of just sugar, once you got stuck she would set up on you pretty fast.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Worland, WY
Good Snow behind Buck Mountain

We went up on Saturday and found some fresh powder behind buck mountain in the morning, but as the day went on you could tell it was setting up. Then went back up on sunday back by bald ridge and seemed like it really set up over night, but you could still find some good snow in the trees. As far as the lodges go I think they are having personal problems. I know we have been parking at deer haven every weekend for the last month and a half and their for a while it seemed like every time you went in there, their was someone else working, but the guy they having cooking right now is pretty good.

W
Dec 1, 2007
WYOMING
All 3 are owned by the same guys.. I'm not sure how many guys are in on it, but I do know they are from California, and no jack about snowmobiling.

I wish Deer Haven was owned by someone else. Then there would be a good lodge in the southern horns again !!

The new owners suck in my eyes! Head to the north end of the horns if you are coming out to stay, or want a good meal, or a beer, or gas! Meadowlark and Deer Haven pretty much suck at all of those things right now! :mad:

I worked up there for a time and am a Ten Sleep local. I really wish that place would run like it used to when Dean and karen ran it...awww memories. But no, the two "new owners" aren't new owners at all. Jim McCotter still owns it unforunately. Until it sells, it will be ran improperly.

I always have to give the poor staff that work there props though. Chances are they are still waiting on paychecks from last months and they have worked nothing but doubles with no over time. The Passage Resort recruited me from Meadowlark, it sure is nice to see happy customers for a change.

Jilaena

PS keep your fingers crossed that Forest Service doesn't renew their permits and they are forced to sell.

Premium Features