• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Going on 4th chain&case on backcountryX..HELP!!

B
Feb 28, 2008
wasilla
Anyone else having this problem? I dont think im that hard on it that its blowing up so often.. first one went at 300 miles but at least on that one there was a warning of racheting, when i tightened it it was too late (my own error) second chain and case went out at 850 miles .No signs of any issues, going up the trail and a little snap of the throttle and 'boom'. ive maintained that one like everyone says n hand tightened it every couple rides. i thought maybe i over tightened and that was the problem. Now this recent one 1450 miles, i dont think i could have looked after it any better.. i thought maybe if i take more effort into it ant put sled on its side take the case cover off and check the slack that way then for sure ill have no issues...WRONG!! is there a solution to this? i did notice its wearing out my glide on the tensioner too. I held aprox 8-9 oz oil in case. 20/45 gearing and chain thats recommended out of the book for that i believe is a 102 link. any info for a fix is much appreciated, cuz this is getting expensive!!

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
Can you roll track around freely with belt off. To feel for a binding issue. When was the last time you greased the shaft bearing?
Is there wear marks on the gears. Chain not riding true on gears. If its wearing excessive on the slide its sounds to tight.

Premium Features