• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wish list items for future years of the G4-850 Summits.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Next question is since they have addressed the bulk heads and seem to be addressing the clutches....what about the tracks? I wouldn't believe that a track should be considered an wear item and from what I've been seeing they appear to be in very bad shape after only 1 season of use. I snow checked an 18' 165 and I feel confident all aspects so far except the track. You can't deny that they are really putting an effort into fixing the problems that have come up so far on the 17's. Lets hope they address the track too.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Washington State
Next question is since they have addressed the bulk heads and seem to be addressing the clutches....what about the tracks? I wouldn't believe that a track should be considered an wear item and from what I've been seeing they appear to be in very bad shape after only 1 season of use. I snow checked an 18' 165 and I feel confident all aspects so far except the track. You can't deny that they are really putting an effort into fixing the problems that have come up so far on the 17's. Lets hope they address the track too.

With all the weight saved with shot, beefing up that track would be great...

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Nice to see you on here brp..

My wish list for 18..

Design better calibration in this primary, many guys on clicker one at 6000' feet, and still over revving, motor is not getting extra claimed hp to snow..t3 does.. Dealers are guessing on what to do, not very professional..Owners are upset

Your current 200$$ 391 belt is grenading to small pieces, never seen this before to this extent, guys switching to Carlisle or gates and problem gone

Aware of bulkhead problems, and sounds like it will be made stronger in 18.. But I know of guys that payed this out of pocket and should be compensated.. Not the fault

The stock drivers are a week spot on the turboed g4s, in less than a few hundred miles they are retching, and need to be replaced, with the stronger avid driver.. And being only 6 tooth drivers one needs to run track much tighter than it should be.. Some guys are putting 7 tooth in and it's also adding to a much better attack angle to climb better ontop of the snow.. This should be done from factory..

Track seams to have excessive ware compared to t3s and stretches much more, don't think it will make to many years of hard use

The skid on G4 needs to be strong on rear shock, less coupling, less sag, take a good look and poo.. We want less ski lift and will assist in dartyness that we have now on it

For myself Wish you had stayed with tra, can race primary be used on G4? Works very well with our turboed t3s and no belt problems once we went with a Carlile or gates belt, and very easy to calibrate big power..

Little bigger gauges would be nice

Make it right on here and I will snowcheck one this week.. Thanks again for comming clean

Premium Features