• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat Snow Bike?

bopper

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
elkford,bc
Ya that's probably what the suspension photo was for that was leaked and floating around here a month ago, all makes sense now !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Seems that if it was a dedicated snowbike, there would be a triangulated brace from under the fender area and down to the suspension mount in order to relieve stress on the suspension frame mount.

--Wonder if a hybrid suspension with a coil over shock could be used instead of a solid brace in addition to the track suspension?

--Definetly a fourstroke engine in pic

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Track doesn't look like a powerclaw but it does have the center punched out like the new patented cat rear suspension.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
Very interesting!

I currently own a 2014 Sherco 300 2 stroke and the Arctic Cat sure looks like my bike!

Heres some pictures of the Sherco 450

index.php

index.php

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
Very interesting!

I currently own a 2014 Sherco 300 2 stroke and the Arctic Cat sure looks like my bike!

Heres some pictures of the Sherco 450

index.php

index.php

sure looks like your bike to me. I hope they dont make it as a kit but as a factory snow bike . In MN they banned any kind of tracked kits. but if poo or cat or any one builds from ground up and sells as a snow bike it will be legal. almost makes u wounder if those 2 has some pull in getting that law passed last yr HMMM

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
cut and past actual wording of MN snow bike law

What’s New!  • the definition of a snowmobile has changed and no longer includes atVs modified with aftermarket ski and track kits.
the legal definition of a snowmobile is a self-propelled vehicle originally manufactured and designed for travel on snow or ice steered by skis or runners. snowmobile does not include the following vehicles equipped with aftermarket ski and track configurations: 1. an all-terrain vehicle defined in Mn statute §84.92; 2. an off-highway motorcycle defined in Mn statute §84.787; 3. an off-road vehicle defined in Mn statute §84.797; 4. a mini truck defined in Mn statute §169.011; 5. a utility task vehicle described in Mn statute §169.045; 6. any other vehicle being operated off road.
• Laws regulating snowmobile operation during deer season have changed. see page 28

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Country Cat posted on Facebook it's a joint effort bike with camso (camoplast) - SVX snow bike. I think Glenn is right on what bike it is, from France.....

oldcrow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Central MN
cut and past actual wording of MN snow bike law

What’s New!  • the definition of a snowmobile has changed and no longer includes atVs modified with aftermarket ski and track kits.
the legal definition of a snowmobile is a self-propelled vehicle originally manufactured and designed for travel on snow or ice steered by skis or runners. snowmobile does not include the following vehicles equipped with aftermarket ski and track configurations: 1. an all-terrain vehicle defined in Mn statute §84.92; 2. an off-highway motorcycle defined in Mn statute §84.787; 3. an off-road vehicle defined in Mn statute §84.797; 4. a mini truck defined in Mn statute §169.011; 5. a utility task vehicle described in Mn statute §169.045; 6. any other vehicle being operated off road.
• Laws regulating snowmobile operation during deer season have changed. see page 28

They defined a snowmobile to determine what can be ridden on a "Snowmobile trail"
This does not make track kits illegal in MN
I have a track kit on my ATV and ride all over, I just can not ride on a snowmobile trail

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
They defined a snowmobile to determine what can be ridden on a "Snowmobile trail"
This does not make track kits illegal in MN
I have a track kit on my ATV and ride all over, I just can not ride on a snowmobile trail

this is true but makes it a pain to get to places u want to go with out trespassing or loading up and trailering or just getting gas. un less u just ride on your private estate and I don't have one of those connected to my house. would still need to drive a hr to use my own 40.

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
Rather have Yamaha than some rare euro piece

is it a peek in to future of Yamaha partnership ? or was cat able to buy sherco cheep? they have only been around from 1998 not a huge dealer network .they could have just bought them don't know.
but the French sure don't have a track record of quality cars Renault/ Peugeot/Citroen/Bugatti/venture/
who knows exciting time for snow bikes lots of them at the show yesterday for sure. the carbon fiber one out of Canada sure looked sweet . but for some reason they are not for sale in USA ? poss some patent infringement or something how knows cant remember name but have picks will try to up load later

Last edited:

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
My guess is that cat didn't buy sherco but has entered into a partnership where now sherco just gained a dealer network. This could be great for dealers as I've rarely seen a cat dealer that had a bike line in their building.

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
could be but if u had a pile of cash in the bank and were serious about doing something why just a partnership where u get nothing but a deal on a relatively unknown bike. especially when u already are in bed with a hot Japanese girl .
they could prob buy let owner keep a folding chair on the board and have a actual asset to call a loss fr the next 7 years of taxes . what do they get now a 3002st? is that what u want in a snowbike? I would think the big 4st thumpers low end torque would be what u want .or at least a big 500 2st if that is the direction u wanted to take. but now we get in to all sorts of epa issues again.
who knows . interesting stuff though. better sell your sleds now when they are still worth something lol

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
Sherco makes a 450 thumper. I'm sure that's the bike cat is using.

did not know that. but looked them up sounds like a pretty impressive bike and a good choice for a starting point.
I am just out of room for new toys am I going to have to build a new garage now or start selling the ones I don't use to make room

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com

It's obvious that this "display" is NOT a dedicated "turnkey" snowbike... but rather an bike with a "kit" mockup.

Some sincere questions.

Was this bike ever brought down to street level and put on display for the public?

Did Arctic Cat, at any time during HayDays, actually display and talk about this snowbike INSIDE of their booth... or answer, Officially, any questions about the bike that is stuck on the top of the display??

When an actual Arctic Cat employee, in the booth, was asked "Hey... what's that snowbike on the roof with the Arctic Cat decals on it?"... what was the official reply?

Last edited:
Premium Features