• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

99 ZR 600 engine swap

A
Jan 16, 2010
Hi,Does anyone know what it would take to put a ZRT 600 engine in a 99 ZR chassis?What are the differences between the 99 ZRT chassis and a 99 ZR chassis?Thanks

sprockethead

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern UT
U have a ZR2 chassis the 99 zrt is a ZRT2 chassis, similar but a few diffs. Mainly the hood, side pans and belly pan. The motor mounts will be different for the two motors as well. With the ZRT2 hood and pans its wider and has more clearance for the set of triple pipes. I'm doing one into a ZR3 chassis, I've seen this motor in the older ZR2 so it can be done. The bulkheads r basically the same on these sleds. Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Sprocket

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
The motor mounts are not much different. Don't remember for sure but I think all you will have to do is install a couple threaded inserts into holes that are already there for the front mounts and I think the rear ones will work as is. I have what started as a 99 front bulkhead that now has an 01 ZRT 600 power valve engine in it and 2002 ZRT hood and belly pans. Why don't you just come buy it. All the work is already done. $2200 near Idaho Falls.

Premium Features