• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front end feels heavy...

C

carman_65

Nov 15, 2008
SE Minnesota
I have a '04 800 151". I bought some fox ski shocks and a rear shock to put on it so i could get rid of the junk factory ones. I finally got to take it for a ride today and the front end feels like it weighs 500 pounds. It seems like it wants to dive down more than it used to. The rear end also seems kinda light, but maybe i just forgot how it feels since it's been a while since iv'e been on it. I know there are adjustment that can be made but i'm not sure what exactly to do. Any ideas would be a big help. Thanks!

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Did you get the rear suspension back mounted in the right place (rear mount point)?

Did you mess with the front/rear suspension shock or mount or arm at all?

Are the new front shocks longer or shorter than the ones you took off?

sled_guy

C

carman_65

Nov 15, 2008
SE Minnesota
All of the shocks are the exact same size as factory ones. Same position and everything....Maybe it's all in my head but something just doesn't feel right. I should probably ride it around some more to get a better feel for it, but i just thought i would ask....

S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
I don't know if the 04 is the same, but when I changed the mounting location of the front shock (rear suspension) to the lower/more forward position for better flotation it caused a little increase in ski pressure. If yours is set in the forward position, you might try moving it back to the higher/more rearward position.

the edge chassis doesnt have adjustable limiter straps. u adjust weight transfer by adjusting the rear sissor stop. there should be a decal on the inside of your hood that explains how to adjust it

I'm pretty sure it depends on the skid, not the chassis. I don't know about 04, but my 03 edge rmk skid has adjustable limiter straps.

I
Nov 26, 2007
the edge chassis doesnt have adjustable limiter straps. u adjust weight transfer by adjusting the rear sissor stop. there should be a decal on the inside of your hood that explains how to adjust it

You're thinking of the XC/Pro X skid. The RMK has adjustable limiters and no scissor stop.

Premium Features