• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ladies I need some help...with gloves

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
I need to get the wife some warm gloves. She is always cold. Im pretty sure the issue is she runs the handwarmers on HOT the entire time and her hands then sweat and then they get cold....she wont listen to me though:face-icon-small-ton Looking for some good recomendations on some gloves for her.

Thanks

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
If her hands are always cold, you might consider getting her some handlebar gauntlets instead. Or a good set of hand guards to block the wind. I know personally speaking that when it's cold out, it's the wind that makes my hands feel so cold.

What is her riding style? If she's not getting the rpm's up there and for a long enough period of time, her hand warmers won't do her any good anyway because they won't get hot.

B
Jan 13, 2009
Tri-Cities, WA
It's all in how your ride and the weather!! I would go with Klim, HMK, or Motofist gloves! They seem to be the the top of the line and most people use one or more of those brands. Also the Hand guards are a great idea they make a big difference.

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
It's all in how your ride and the weather!! I would go with Klim, HMK, or Motofist gloves! They seem to be the the top of the line and most people use one or more of those brands. Also the Hand guards are a great idea they make a big difference.

I will put some hand guards on.... I didnt think she would need them as she has an everest with the large windshield.

P
Oct 13, 2009
Castlegar, BC
I wear the Klim Inversion gloves pretty much all the time and they keep me warm, but I am mostly up and moving on my sled. For a really chilly trail ride down I'll throw on the Klim insulated gore-tex gloves... Not sure what they are called, but I bought the Youth ones for $35 on Klim's website.

Hanging in there
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
somewhere in South East Idaho
Turn the hand warmers on low!!!! or rewire them so they only come on low!! Just an idea! had to do it to my wife too!!!! KLIM has some really good gloves!

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
Turn the hand warmers on low!!!! or rewire them so they only come on low!! Just an idea! had to do it to my wife too!!!! KLIM has some really good gloves!

lol I like the rewiring technique! I may have to do that!

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
I would bite off your right hand if you tried to take my handwarmers (high) away from me! LOL But, I like to wear the thinnest gloves I can find so I need that warmth....

I wouldn't re-wire yet.... is what I'm getting at.

What kind of riding does she do? What glove is she wearing now? Are they to tight? I find that alot of girls want to buy things to small for them which doesn't allow for air movement and sometimes circulation..... lol

Maybe something like a micro fabric liner (to help with sweat away from hand) and a good windproof/waterproof glove like the new True North Powder Storm X. Clicky

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
I have to second the objection to disabling the handwarmers. I could write a long post on why that would be a bad idea (from a woman's perspective) but I'll spare you and just say I think it's a bad idea sure to cause an argument and possibly some frostbit fingers to boot.

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
If my gloves are to thick I can't even feel the hand warmers working. Although I use the thick klim glove for 0 degree days on the road/trail if I have to. Making sure my back up thin gloves is nice and warm in my underhood goggle bag. I swap them out as needed. But I agree, keep the warmers on low unless it's a long, fast ride back at the end of the day when the temps drop. :face-icon-small-hap My thin gloves are just some we ran across on http://www.steepandcheap.com/

Pow Gloves...

http://www.google.com/search?q=pow+...=40&sa=N&biw=1345&bih=594&fp=29c4b085b3057f04

W

Wish

Apr 30, 2002
Tri Cities, WA
www.staceysdesign.com
I would die if I didn't have my hand warmers! lol

I've tested out so many gloves because I'm about as cold blooded as it gets....and I'm not sure what sled she rides or if she even cares but believe it or not the absolute best gloves I've ever worn are Skidoo action gloves. They are really warm, and the best part about them is the fit...they feel good on your hands, and are not big and bunchy feeling. LOVE LOVE LOVE my Skidoo Action gloves...in fact I am wearing them out so I need to buy another pair. :)

My second runners are Joe Rocket gloves, we found a place in Idaho that sold them cheap and we loaded up. My son steals all my Joe Rockets! :p

Premium Features