• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 viper 110# spring in front skid shock?

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Front shocks = 70 pounds
rear skid shock = 120 pounds
Front skid shock = two full turns after spring contacts.

Pressures assume you have no weight on shocks when setting.

I'm beginning to think my rear float has the seals blown out or something. I set it at 125 and it bottoms very very easily.. And I'm only about 175 without gear. :face-icon-small-con

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
If you are feeling it bottom easily it is probably the front you are feeling. That 110lb spring isn't good for any kind of large bumps, and is worse if you leave the ground.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

M

Mr Nasty

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, alaska
my rear float kept acting up on me so I opted to purchase a new center spring and a exit coil shock in the rear. I'm not to much of a fan of the floats in the skids.

Last edited:

motojunkie101

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
If your float is blown the rebuild kits are cheap, something like 30 bucks for new seals and the float fluid. When I rebuilt my original floats I just looked it up on youtube, it was a fairly easy process and didn't take long.

B

b_sandgren

Dec 24, 2008
I just installed the 160 lb spring and I think it's going to make a big difference. As stingray stated I can pretty easily pick up the front end now. It was a beast before. Noticeable difference. I also went to the loosest setting on limiter strap. Look forward to riding it next week.

motojunkie101

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I dropped my 160 spring in tonight. The stock retainer is a pinch small but works. If it fails I'll order up a replacement from zbros. My viper seems to roll up easier in the garage because the skid isn't collapsing now. I'm going for a test n tune tomorrow and will report back on how it does.

My odometer from last year...367 miles and almost all of that was one trip in McCall for a week. So sad :(

Last edited:

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
I dropped my 160 spring in tonight. The stock retainer is a pinch small but works. If it fails I'll order up a replacement from zbros. My viper seems to roll up easier in the garage because the skid isn't collapsing now. I'm going for a test n tune tomorrow and will report back on how it does.

My odometer from last year...367 miles and almost all of that was one trip in McCall for a week. So sad :(

Was wandering if I would need the proper Zbroz spring retainers? Would of thought they would of mentioned that when they sold me spring.. Havent installed spring yet

T

tar

Nov 26, 2007
Sumas WA
Was wandering if I would need the proper Zbroz spring retainers? Would of thought they would of mentioned that when they sold me spring.. Havent installed spring yet

Yes you need the spacer that goes in the stock retainer. Zbros has them call them and they will fix you up.

Tar

motojunkie101

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
So I forgot to post my results. It definitely rode better and soaked up bumps really well.

While better...it isn't night and day better. I'm going to play with the preload and air pressure in the float some more to see if I can get it dialed in a little more. I may end up trying a 180 spring as well since I've got a little more lead in my butt than some.

motojunkie101

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I tightened up the preload a bit and threw more air in the floats...and my sled is on point now! Pops up on the side nice and easy, skis feel nice and light, and it feels like it's got power steering now. Sled is ready to rip.

Premium Features