• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 M1000 clutch alignment what to do?

P

prairieguy

Nov 26, 2007
im just pulling my sled apart to redo motor mounts and wondering since i have it apart should i shim the motor over to get the 1.5 alignmet or stay with the 1.6? im having alot of heat and belt issues what have guys figured out on theis big twins to help keep a belt on them? i am also putting a extra mount on.

thanks
Joe

M
Dec 23, 2010
M1000 clutches

I think I posted this before but, when i bought my 08 it had 171 kms on it. Clutch area was coverd with belt dust and fibers. Over the summer I put in the Linderman mount, 6 rides so far, no dust and same belt looking good.

M
Nov 16, 2009
I think I posted this before but, when i bought my 08 it had 171 kms on it. Clutch area was coverd with belt dust and fibers. Over the summer I put in the Linderman mount, 6 rides so far, no dust and same belt looking good.

Where did you get your Linderman mount? How's the heat?

M
Nov 16, 2009
Linderman mount

Where did you get your Linderman mount? How's your belt heat now?

J
Jan 1, 2008
I have a mount kit in the works. It involves two tie rods and an added rubber mount and it will be around a $100. I will start putting the kits together as soon as I test them on my sled (waiting for snow).

Premium Features