• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 sighting

T
Jan 19, 2009
A friend spied some arctic test riders out testing cat sleds. Nitro turbo motor in one and a 600 direct inject in the other. Don't know on the other two. This was in northern Minnesota

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
A friend spied some arctic test riders out testing cat sleds. Nitro turbo motor in one and a 600 direct inject in the other. Don't know on the other two. This was in northern Minnesota

How did he confirm that it's a Yamaha motor in it?
You sure it wasn't someone's mod project?

H
Dec 4, 2007
NW
that makes sense with all the Yamaha and Arctic Cat rumors going around. If that is true, is the nytro motor better than the current suzuki built 1100? If not the 13' 1100T might go up in value..

T
Jan 19, 2009
I'll get the details later tonight. There was four sleds and they were test riding in a very off the road part of his land. So he checked it out. Pretty hard not to talk to someone on private ground Lots of licensing of technology between the two.

Where are Yamaha sleds built at right now?

Cat just needs the motor technology as they are going to build there own

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
I'll get the details later tonight. There was four sleds and they were test riding in a very off the road part of his land. So he checked it out. Pretty hard not to talk to someone on private ground Lots of licensing of technology between the two.

Where are Yamaha sleds built at right now?

Cat just needs the motor technology as they are going to build there own

--Cat already has patented tech and has had semi-direct injection engines testing on the snow for several years. They wanted it ready for 2012 50th anniversary but it was not ready yet. Hopefully Cat will run the Suzuki for 2014 because they can.

T
Jan 19, 2009
it wa a supercharger, not a turbo. Procross chassis. it fit great 6 different sleds. I still expect that to be a 2015 release as it should be all suzuki for one more year.

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
OMG.
If they were on my property I'd stick a contour in my crack and pretend I was taking a dump.
Without pictures a sighting didn't happen. I must, at this point, say I slept with SNOWMOBILERS grandma and didn't get pictures...Just memories man, just memories. lol

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
So, dude pulls up to the 6 tester sleds... says "hey guys, what's up?" The 6 tester sled guys, in unison of course, say "well, we're testing 2014 sleds, wanna look under the hood so that you can see the Yamaha motor that's inside?" "Once you do that, come back to the shop so we can show you the new patents we're working on too!!"

Yeah... that's how those conversations usually go...:face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-con

T
Jan 19, 2009
No, it didn't go like that. The landowner knows the guys very well. Its a pretty small network of people up there that are tied in pretty close with Polaris and or AC. If you are familiar with the area around greenbush, mn you know that it is alot of boggy/wooded area with slightly higher areas cleared for farming. This particular area is almost two miles off the road (great for bear hunting too). The one sled was set up at just under 200 HP

Premium Features