• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'12 and '13 Update

S
Jan 28, 2011
Upper Peninsula
Ryan don't mind he's too busy watchin thunderstruck 11 :face-icon-small-ton

last year I ran 110/290 poo primary spring and 42/40 helix back home, and stock 36 helix and spring up high. Stock gearing, MDS weights. Give it til late August tho, I know a lot of guys including myself are holding off on setups for next year until we know if we're getting anything new

Think ill wait also. Maybe even till it explodes again haha.

R

RiotCountry

Jul 11, 2010
Minneapolis
Its 19/49 I believe. I want to do a hyvo conversion for strength and aslo a manual tensioner.

Stock gearing on the high country's is 22/48 unless you have the euro model in which its 21/49. I have a high country as well and went to the 20/49 hyvo gearing and chain last year. Wondering what going to a 22/49 would do to things. I am moving back to MN in the next few months so won't need the gearing for the steep and deep anymore except for the one or two trips I plan to take out west.

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
exactly what noma said, my dealer said they have a meeting on the 20th and he will know more then, so hang on guys. must be a big one if they are getting dealers together first.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
i was at my dealer yesterday. He has been talking to cat pretty regularly about this. he said they keep telling him there is a kit in the works and is "coming"
he also says there is going to be a kit for the new belt guard...
i am patiently waiting, but every day i get a little less patient... the snow will be here soon.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
my dealer said new secondary, new 19/50 gears and a new chain...

didn't have any info on the belt guard kit

D

DWT

Sep 28, 2010
Fairbanks

I think this would definitely qualify as Cat stepping up and trying to make things right. Not sure how I’d feel if I was '12 owner and out of factory warranty though?

N

nort10

Oct 8, 2010
Lolo, MT

My dealer said new secondary. I asked about the gears and he told me he didn't think so but new gears and chain would be good!

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
My dealer said new secondary. I asked about the gears and he told me he didn't think so but new gears and chain would be good!

Anyone that is thinking about gearing down needs to IMO. You can do a 20t top gear for $35. Doesn't require a new chain and if you level out the sled on its side you can do it without losing or even changing oil. I ran it all last year and highly recommend.

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
I'd rather fix the clutching issue than the gearing. I dropped to a 20th top and didn't like it. Then topped it off with 7 tooth drivers cause I'm running a 3" and I can't stand it. It doesn't pull near as hard as it did when it was completely stock. I have Bradley's ttcf in now and I will be going back to stock gearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

rockymtnboy

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2010
gods country, bc
yup i am waiting for some free gears and such

Not Trying to be a d$&/ here but Those gears are not free, a lot of guys (not me luckily) have paid for those gears time and time again, it was just belts (at $200 or more) sliding across the table at the dealers instead of gears. Glad to see that cat is hopefully going to step up to the plate. It's going be good fellas

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
I'd rather fix the clutching issue than the gearing. I dropped to a 20th top and didn't like it. Then topped it off with 7 tooth drivers cause I'm running a 3" and I can't stand it. It doesn't pull near as hard as it did when it was completely stock. I have Bradley's ttcf in now and I will be going back to stock gearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Dropping down to 7 tooth drivers is more of a gearing change then dropping 1 tooth on the top sproket, your probably geared so low its not loading the motor.

N

nort10

Oct 8, 2010
Lolo, MT
Anyone that is thinking about gearing down needs to IMO. You can do a 20t top gear for $35. Doesn't require a new chain and if you level out the sled on its side you can do it without losing or even changing oil. I ran it all last year and highly recommend.

I did the 20t top gear.....The 20t definitely felt way better! I highly recommend it also!

Premium Features