• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat 2012

How will Cat get your money in 2012... or will they?

• Total voters
D

dun2rider

Nov 23, 2009
Northern Utah
Wyoboy1000, Don't take this the wrong way but you seem very confident that the new cat will be a 1000 and it will not be in the snopro chassis. I guess i really just have a question and that is what are your sources?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Have you ever been sledding in cooke city in June, I've seen them. Also Its a huge anniversary year for cat, Cat has always been big suckers for big hp.
I also figure I could be wrong but am completely bored with all this speculation so lets make it interesting to get a laugh, I would like to have video of cat riders trying to follow me around on a XP.

Last edited:

907riders.com

Mar 23, 2009
Wasilla, AK
www.907riders.com
This is a great time for all the Pro-ride guys to sell them while they still have some value because these new cats are going to be the hot new gotta have sled of 2012

So don't wait for the Polaris market to crash. Sell now! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B
Jan 3, 2011
sask
www.youtube.com
i just hope they go back to old style mounts with torque bumpers no more suspended motor sit right on the mount again,and yes more hp is always great with a few less pounds for sure and a whole new design betweenn the pro and the m series would kick azz or the sno pro,but ya a 185-195 hp 1000 would kick some azz and would like to c the z1 turbo motor hoped up in a m series too pushing 240 from factory lol, i also heard rumors of a oil bathed bottom end 2 stroke too ?? cant wait to c :cheer2:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I don't think they will break 200hp, they like to keep it just enough above to make it worth it but leave room for the next year. Let alone it keeps it more durable.

D

dun2rider

Nov 23, 2009
Northern Utah
Thanks for the reply. I'm tired of the speculation as well. I just want to see the new sleds! I guess I am a little surprised at how tight lipped cat is being. You would think by now they would have put out some type of teaser video to get everyone pumped up. If anything it would create more buzz for what they are going to release and exposure is never a bad thing.:face-icon-small-coo

S

skyler.hager

Oct 13, 2009
has anyone even heard when AC is releasing the 2012s? I heard Polaris was next week... and I agree if another company wants to keep up with the Pro-RMKs, I think a lighter, new chassis will have to be in order. or just add HP :face-icon-small-hap

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
not that any one on this fourm cares but I got a bit of inside info on the 4stroke tonight I guess it droped 85lbs 1 can only hope some of that is tranfering over to the deep snow sleds.

A 3-cyl turbo has been the rumor for a while for a new light weight 4-stroke. I guess to compete with the 1200 Doo... but with more than 135hp.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Guys I've got the sneak preview......What you've all been waiting for...The 2012 M8- 256 lbs wet, 178.6 hp DI sealed crank engine, titanium skis, super fast .05 inch lug track, and comes with everything but curb feelers, even includes that B.A. snow suit!
05Show-KoehnCat.JPG

Z

zcatter

Dec 7, 2010
Milbank SD
I watched the dvd slednecks 13 again last night after someone telling me that the 2012 cat is on it, sure enough, there is an all new looking cat mountain sled on there. They don't say anything about it but cody borchers is sitting on it for a while and you get a good look at it.

Premium Features