• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Afforidible replacement shocks

Im sick of bottoming out and having an aching back like all last year. Debating whether to rebuild mine after I get my sled running again..lol. Or finding a better set rebuilt used or like new.
Front and back options?
Any input apreicaited, im around 200 lbs but ride real hard and always looking for a little air on the trails.
All trail riding
Options for better skis so this 2006 - 700 stops ridding like a tank. Have already done the spindle replacement/upgrade so better but still not where I want it to be.
On a budget.
Thanks

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
What shocks do you have on your sled now? Might want to look at polaris gripper skis or slp powder pros for your trail riding.

I would suggest SLP's SLT ski over the Powder Pro, much more forgiving for trail riding and not bad if you find some off trail powder to play in.

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
I picked up a set of used WE's off of a Dragon last year, put them on and I knew they wouldn't work the way they were as they would nearly bottom out just pulling the sled on it's side. Took them up to the nearest dealer to get a little more "air" put in them, they said they were already pumped up to nearly max and that's just the way they are. Came back to the good 'ol 900 forum and someone mentioned sending them in to WE and get "worked on" so I called them up, told them what I had and shipped them off, just a few days later they showed up and I put almost all of last season on them with no complaints. Significant improvement over the stock Ryde FX's even with Zbroz springs, but to say that's your fix I don't know since I stay off the trail as much as I can so I can't speak to how they would work for trail banging.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
First and foremost, whats your budget on shocks??

since you have a Fusion, I am not 100% sure if the RMK shocks are diff lengths or not. Ive never even seen a fusion in person, LOL.

so you will have to measure your shocks and see if someone will compare off an RMK. The RMK, IQ, Dragons and Pro all use the same length shocks.

But IF..you can get a set of RMk shocks to work, the snowcheck rydefx shocks will work fine for you on a budget. The front is an aluminum body (use the 225lb front track spring for $30) shock in the lower position.

Rear shock...would be the rydefx clicker shock. Its an aluminum body with clicker adjustment shock..both came as a set.

Next budget option would be a set of Zero pros from Carls cycle if you can get a deal.

next...I would get the heavier torsion springs, read this thread, it will give you everything you wanna know about what spring to get.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165462&highlight=bigboy

then if possible on the Fusion, do the 5/8" rear scissor arm relocation...BAM...your happy. lol.

Last edited:
S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
Here you go Hygear Supension shock upgrades If I found these before I switched my fusion to walkers then I would have upgraded all my shocks with these guys. Rebuilt and revalved for your weight, rezzies added on, better springs. Win win for your stock shocks. They also do all rmk's and all brands also and basic service.

S
Nov 27, 2007
Minneapolis,MN
I had the same problem but i ride an rmk on the trails here at home in mn. I purchased a set of walker evans and after some more research the rmk shocks are just set to soft to take trail abuse so i took my stock ryde fx shocks to www.myshockshop.com and had all shocks revalved for what i wanted and upgraded to a little heavier titanium springs and it should ride a heck of a lot better but i wont know till the snow flies :)

Premium Features