• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Climb Steering Turning Angle of Skies

RickM

Premium Member
May 25, 2006
Central Wyoming
Question on turning degree angle of skies on new Pro Climb.
Rode yesterday, don't like the lack of turning angle with the 40" stance.

My question to the engineers on here.
There is turning stops on the vertical post, and also down at the steering connection below in the belly pan area. This limits the degrees of angle for the handle bar travel.

If a person goes from a 40" stance to a 38 " stance will the angle of the ski turning out increase. I'm thinking the shorter "A Arms" will give it sharper turning.

Let me know from any engineers on here. RickM

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
The 38" stance won't turn more degrees but it will be easier to break the inside ski into a turn and will turn tighter because of that.

I'm shortening up the little tie rod at the bottom bellcrank (have to)and grinding the stops at the top (have to) to get what I want (as close to 90 degrees as I can get LOL).

RickM

Premium Member
May 25, 2006
Central Wyoming
Geo question

Geo , how did you access the bell crank on the bottom, and any info on how much you shorten the bottom tie rod ? and by grinding the aluminum stops wont that make the handle bars come around too far? just trying to think this out.
I have taken the bottom aluminum cover off. I have also removed the screws holding the ECU in place.
I can see the steering shaft and the cast stops cast into the shaft. There is a molded plate attached to the side that the shaft stops hit against. Not sure how to go from here to change the stops.
RickM

Last edited:
G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
You have to take off the rubber boots (drill rivets) on both sides. Next take the tie rods off on the inside (use tool kit tools). I actually took the whole front end off, 'cause I'm swapping to a narrower set-up.
I haven't done any more than that for 3 weeks now. Turkey Day and work has limiting the shop time. I think the hiems on the rod will have enough adjustment (a little will make a big difference). You'll have to adjust the top tie rod later to center the bars.

Premium Features