• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

digatron power/tach connection M1000

S
I am hooking up my last years digatron to my new M1000 and forgot which wire in the harness it is suppose to be connected to. There was a thread on the old forum that explained this issue last year. I remember that I need to find the wire for the tach signal so that the unit will sense rpm's even if they are wrong. Otherwise the unit will shut off to save the batteries if it does not have that tach signal. Yea, I know but this is the model that I have!.. Any help with this is appreciated. :(

need the 3 wire Digatron power/tach wiring cable

The red wire (dc power) of the Digatron connects to the red/blue wire (pin 1) of the connector that connects the main harness to the cowling harness. The orange wire (tack input) of the Digatron connects to the violet wire (pin 11) of the connector that connects the main harness to the cowling harness.

Pin 11 can also be easly identified as it is next to the only empty pin position (pin 12) on this connector.

Premium Features