• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

don't you just love your pro???

M
Nov 28, 2007
or
still have yet to hear anyone who bought one that didn't think it was the best stock sled they've ever bought... now thats saying or not saying something!!!

Last edited:

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Same here..just awesome! Instant comfort and confidence and it doesn't matter if it's my own personal daily rider or someone else's pro. Polaris just gave the mtn sled riding community the EASY BUTTON.

Passing sleds back and forth testing and giving customers a chance to try out our demo sled. Rode a 2010 HCR stocker and it was just work in comparison.

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
Dial in more center shock preload and less rear; actually hated the Pro until I made those changes.

Have FUN!

G MAN

???

G man..

So Make the front Track Shock... Stiffer??

and loosen the rear shock??

I did try to loosen the rear shock.. and it helped i think.. but i could bottom it out going over field drives..

so i tighten it up a bit..

so i'll try to tighten the front up a little bit..

thanks matt

G

GMCRMK

Nov 28, 2007
SL,UT - IP,ID
100% AWESOME SO FAR!

I've been riding for 13 years and the 300 miles that I have on my Pro have been the most fun I've ever had riding.

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
It's easy to understand how excited these pol riders are now that they finally have a sled/chassis that can compete with the 04 Rev. :boxing:

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
This sled is a real runner. I couldn't be happier with it. Rode on the weekend in revy with a new etec 154 and an 07 m8. It really hurt those guys to look at me and say well it looks like the poo is the king. In some long climbs I could go over the top with speed and they had to turn out. Even giving them a head start the poo would run right by them. Only improvement I can suggest is to give us a seat with some storage similar to the boss seat storage. Great job polaris on this sled.

B
Jan 16, 2010
Northern Utah
It's easy to understand how excited these pol riders are now that they finally have a sled/chassis that can compete with the 04 Rev. :boxing:

Wow. The Doo fanboys really can't stand it when someone else is happy with something that isn't a Doo. Thanks for your comment Xrider, that was truly insightful. I'll be sure to go over to the XP forum and remind everyone there that it only took Doo 4 seasons to make the XP chassis sidehill half as well as a 2005 M7, and their front end is still made out of old beer cans.

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
???

G man..

So Make the front Track Shock... Stiffer??

and loosen the rear shock??

I did try to loosen the rear shock.. and it helped i think.. but i could bottom it out going over field drives..

so i tighten it up a bit..

so i'll try to tighten the front up a little bit..

thanks matt

Yes and yes you will bottom out easier (these need new shocks if you ask me) so just go 1-2 turns out on rear and crank down the center (or front of track shock as you call it). HUGE difference.

Have FUN!

G MAN

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
Could you please explain to me how the ride is different with these shock settings?

Also does the sled get up on the snow better?

How does it perform differently in the steep and deep snow.... like 2-4ft of fresh on a good base?

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Could you please explain to me how the ride is different with these shock settings?

Also does the sled get up on the snow better?

How does it perform differently in the steep and deep snow.... like 2-4ft of fresh on a good base?

Adding more spring preload to the center shock takes pressure off the skis and makes it far easier to initiate your countersteer move to get the sled on one ski. Softening the rear shock preload causes the sled to transfer weight better which also takes pressure off the skis when you hammer the throttle. The combo of both makes for a MUCH better handling Pro in the deep snow. You will steepen the attack angle some under weight so, theoretically, the sled won't float up quite as well but I didn't notice that. On hard pack you'd probably wheelie too much so I'm guessing Poo was shooting for something "in-between" as the base setup to work for both flatlanders and mtn riders.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:
M

majhano

Feb 1, 2010
how much do we loosen or tighten the track shocks?

the rear track shock is easier to guess on. the manual tells you how long it should be for your weight. i am 170 so the 10 to 10.375 inches range is where i have been adjusting. i noticed too much shock length (less tension) will make the sled rock back and jump but i beleive it trenches a bit more and therefore doesnt quite climb as well. so now i am messing with the front track shock and there are no lenghts mentioned in the manual. i have about 6 threads showing at the bottom of the shock between the adustment ring that turns and where it bolts on. 6 threads is about 1/2 inch. can somebody look at theirs and tell me how many threads they have showing or inches of threads? it would realy help me rather than just say turn a few times. i just cant seem to get the right balance. thanks guys.....:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features