• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

don't you just love your pro???

M
Nov 28, 2007
or
can not get enough of this thing!!! amazes me everytime i ride it, never had a sled that can carve tighter or faster. backs up uphill in pow, to a certain extent. easiest sled to get unstuck i've ever seen. floats like no other, love it when the rear gets soooo on top of the snow you can slide it like a quad, try and do that with any other sled;) love to climb and hit a big hump, comes down and instead of trenching out pops right back on top and keeps climbing, i know on my M this was the biggest mo killer. never rode any other sled you can get to its balance point carving and then with just a little more input, bam, you've just doubled your degree of cut, unreal. thank you polaris for making one AWESOME SLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
I hear what you're saying. Even though I only have a couple hours seat time on a Pro, I'm sold !! I know for sure what my next sled is. I rode one on Thursday for a couple hours on Boulder Mountain as part of the Experience Polaris demo rides and told the guys from Polaris that it was the absolute best stock sled I've ever ridden in my life, as well as being better than many of the mods I've ridden. It never ceased to amaze me. The flickability and deep snow capability blew me away. I wish I could have just demoed one for the whole weekend and left mine in the trailer.

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
I agree with the posts above!! My buddy has a XCR triple edge mod sled all tricked out, and my pro beats it, and then I let him ride the pro and he came down the hill and said his mod sled is going down the road...haha. My pro has 60 miles or 6 hours on it, still has break-in oil in gas, so can't wait to see what this thing will do when it is fully broke in.

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
you guys are a bunch of jerks.......one day, one day, ill get mine.

what's worse, the fact that you don't have one, or like me, i have one and haven't gotten to ride it, still sitting in the shop waiting for a trip.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
what's worse, the fact that you don't have one, or like me, i have one and haven't gotten to ride it, still sitting in the shop waiting for a trip.

yah i have road my rmk once this year......Im waiting for a 2012 144 800 rather than tracking and gearing a switchback.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Been out 3 times and going again the day after Christmas. I have to agree with all the hoopla. Not sure that I need to do anything to the sled to get it to where I want it other than a 1" riser and orange madness side panels. I can ride twice as long without getting tired and the only problem I have is getting my helmet off with that permanent sh!+ eating grin on my face. Hat's off to the Polaris design and engineering team.

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
Same here, I have just under 200 miles on my Pro and this sled gets better and better everytime I go out and ride. The way everything is setup on this sled just seems to fit me perfect.

Tree riding has to be the most impressive aspect of this sled though, it allows me to make minor mistakes without getting stuck and keeps on going. I always struggled with sidehilling on the right side of my XP or rev but not with this Pro. It gets up on it's side and stays there and allows me to make a better execution of where I want this sled to go.

Point and shoot seems good with this sled as well but I haven't really messed with that much

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
I love it!..

I thought i wouldn't be riding the new pro around here..

We keep getting more snow.. 7" tonight and 8" on thursday!! Keep it coming..

I think around 400 miles something else happend too..

WOW it keeping getting better!! Now puling 8300 8400 8500..

With BB 68 weights!! at Sea Level!!

Still having a hard time with side hilling on the right hand side.. the deeper snow i find yes i can with easy.. but low snow and or hard snow. it's a little harder.. on the left side. i can do it on hard snow soft snow. what ever... so.. my riding will get better..

But love the new sled!

S

sonday_2

Feb 2, 2008
Kotlik
Time to plan for one of the pro ride now. Hopefully hear good results by end of the season for next year season.

V

verticalman

Nov 26, 2007
Sauk Rapids, Minn
I have alot of seat time on mine but only 2 miles so far. Hopefully with the snow we are getting in Minn I can get it broke in before I head out west the second or third week in Jan. Glad to hear all the positive feed back from everyone!

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I have 220 miles so far and 14 some hours...from 10 hours to almost 12 hours had some sort of a bobble when pinning the throttle and holding it but it quit doing the bobble the last three hours and seems to keep running better...I love it. So has everybody I have let ride it. Nobody has had a bad comment about it so far:whoo:

L
Dec 7, 2009
Just got back from a week at rabbit ears. This was my first ride on the new sled, and wow, Polaris stepped up big. I'm relieved that I made the right choice on buying poo over the others. For my style of riding (one ski up all the time) this sled shines. I've rode the others, and for my style of riding they've got some work to doo. Can't wait to see what's next, factory turbos!!!!! Please.

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
I love it!..

Still having a hard time with side hilling on the right hand side.. the deeper snow i find yes i can with easy.. but low snow and or hard snow. it's a little harder.. on the left side. i can do it on hard snow soft snow. what ever... so.. my riding will get better..

But love the new sled!

Dial in more center shock preload and less rear; actually hated the Pro until I made those changes.

Have FUN!

G MAN

B
Jan 16, 2010
Northern Utah
I'll admit. After my 2010 M8 I got on this and was ready to see if it was "all that or not". The first few rides and I noticed that it climbed just as well if not better, it rolled over and carved just as well but not better, but I still didn't know for sure that it was better.

Then I got it out in the really really steep (almost vertical) stuff and this sled did things I didn't think possible. I have only been riding 2 seasons in the mountains (I'm a pretty decent rider) and if you saw video of me on this sled you would think I've been riding since I could walk. This thing is the amazing!

Climbing up hills any 800 class sled could win on a given day with different snow conditions, but when it comes to riding technical terrain this sled is so much better than the competition its not even funny.

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
121 miles so far and this thing just keeps getting better and better. The more I put it into different situations, the more this thing just pulls through with flying colors. I'm so glad I picked the PRO instead of the M8. Absolutely, the best sled I've ever ridden, bone stock and will stay that way for some time. The engine has run flawlessly with great linear power. Can't wait for the next ride. and the next one. and the next one. and ....

Premium Features