• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

It's in..PRO RMK at 143 HP

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I owned both , xp and poo's there's no dought that pro will domanate .As for that guys 700 w\pipe and track change to camo , . I challange anyone with a stock xp any length stock track any year . Find a 07 dragon w/PIPE track change (CE), geared and cluched properly . will hand it to you all day long. just the way it is. Might trade my d-8 just to say it's only a little 7.

not true but the 700's are very impressive. rode my xp with 2 last season and the damn things were always only 1 length behind my 08 xp on any race or climb. They out did the stock 800 dragons in our group too. I was so impressed, I bought the 2010 rmk 700 for my kid to ride this season.

P

pfi572

Nov 29, 2009
North West Alberta
Remember boy's is a Polaris not stock with heads,pipe's or pipe and reeds:face-icon-small-hap this is what was allways the case even back in the day.

Skidoo pretty much stock works and doesn't take to mods as well due to not being case reed .
So lucky this day and age to have the sleds that we have with the track options and the power.
Don't we all remember (well some of us) only having a 121 inch track with no lugs and bolting paddles on then putting rail extentions and going to the long track 136 inch and paddles.

Time goes quick as was it not 2000 when skidoo brought out the first 700 highmark with the 151 inch track???

Cheers

S

SuperBad

Banned
Oct 31, 2010
Yeah, no stock 700 will run with a stock 800. That's wht peeps buy 800s.

Now, Polaris hasn't been trying to catch Ski Doo. Convince yourself that they are, just puts you into denial. Polaris has to catch up to everybody. They dug a very deep hole by abandoning their original 800 Liberty and creating the 900. FAIL #1. They dug the hole deeper with their new 800 motor and putting it in the Dragon.

All sled makers are on the hotseat at one time or another. Polaris is just the most recent one. Doo was there with their drive shaft and crank issues but resolved them fairly fast (at least mine was). Cat was there for a loooooong time until they came up with the M chassis. I'm trying very hard to not be one-sided here but Doo's original REV chassis set the bar for Cat and Poo. Poo failed, Cat didn't. The M chassis has turned out to be quite the sled. Doo rode the REV chassis for 5-6 years and was successful until they changed 800 motors. That first year 800r was not the greatest but they learned and fixed it. Then they created the REV XP chassis and that has turned out to be a success. There were the the "pine cone" jokes but in all truths I have found the sled to be quite reliable and not fragile as some would say.

Now in all fairness one cannot judge sleds by racing on a flat grassy surface. Clutching come into play. You cannot truly compare in a flat meadow drag. Again clutching. The only comparison is side by side riding in the environment that the sleds were designed for. You cannot compare the Pro to the Ski Doo Freeride either. The Freeride was intentionally beefed up and made heavier to survive larger jumps and drops. You can compare the Assault to the Freeride. You can compare the Pro to the Summit x or even the Everest. The Assault's from the previous chassis that I have seen don't even come close to the XP and they really aren't a boondocking, general mountain use sled. Peeps have modded them to adapt to the general mountain riding but then the Assault was more like the Dragon with the exception of the neato graphics.

Spoken like a true biased ski-doo owner who doesn't know jack about Polaris.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Spoken like a true biased ski-doo owner who doesn't know jack about Polaris.

I dunno, seems to me PJ has it nailed down pretty good. How do those sour grapes taste?

XP with the Cat 800HO would be the most fun you can have on a stock powered sled. The most fun I could have anyways.

Last edited:
S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Anybody who thinks Polaris doesn't currently have the most unreliable 800 motor is in la-la land.

I'll take a Pro-RMK, but they can keep the motor.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Anybody who thinks Polaris doesn't currently have the most unreliable 800 motor is in la-la land.

I'll take a Pro-RMK, but they can keep the motor.

5 of them in our family. Not one has burned down. I do recognize that others have had issues. I think the update really fixed the burn down issues. AC does have a very strong reliable setup (albeit an old one now). Looks like a good year for Ski-Doo owners that did the eTec.

800HMX

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2002
Okotoks, AB
We rode with an RMK 700 for a couple years (pipes, intake). We ride Summit XP's and we all had 163 or so tracks. The 700 RMK worked well but it was a 700. We gave him the name 7/8 because that is about how well a 700 compared to an 800.

Now he rides a turbo RMK 800 and we are still on our 163 XP's so if he can hold it together, the shoe might be on the other foot.

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
o ya, image if that Polaris had 160hp .... it would fell like 200hp.

SLP got an extra 12 HP last week with their new pipe and the PCM for the new Pro putting it around 160hp (they won't reveal the hp numbers, only the gains). Even stock the Pro's are beating the XP's in lake racing (not hillclimbing). With the SLP kit that "woman's or 600 class" sled is gonna lay an absolute beat down on the XP's and I'm not brand loyal to either (own both actually) at aboout the same overall cost (since the Etec is about a grand more as I recall).

Have FUN!

G MAN

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
They won't give hp numbers, but my question is... dyno tech was showing 143 with ethanol plug in and ethanol fuel. So did they make 11 more hp then say 143? so now it makes 154hp. about the same as a stock carbed xp.
I wish slp would give numbers. Would give a pretty good idea of how the sleds compare to each other if ran on the same dyno.
Owell... I don't have to worry about it unless it has a turbo on it. :face-icon-small-hap

SLP got an extra 12 HP last week with their new pipe and the PCM for the new Pro putting it around 160hp (they won't reveal the hp numbers, only the gains). Even stock the Pro's are beating the XP's in lake racing (not hillclimbing). With the SLP kit that "woman's or 600 class" sled is gonna lay an absolute beat down on the XP's and I'm not brand loyal to either (own both actually) at aboout the same overall cost (since the Etec is about a grand more as I recall).

Have FUN!

G MAN

D
Jul 7, 2009
Sigh, you Ski Doo freaks have this awkward handle on reality.

I can only imagine that a handful of the Ski Doo chimps have actually rode the new pro, which means that the general population of Ski Doo owners are narrow minded and relentless in believing the POS they own and finance at 19 Grand is actually worth its paper value.

I would take the new pro over that freeride joke any day of the week. Not only on average at any dealer will I save 2-3g on the initial price of the sled, I will feel more confident in Polaris beta engineering with the new pro, as opposed to Ski Doo finally catching up to the curve and recognizing that EFI was the way of the future.

Ski Doo is falling behind, Arctic Cat has flawed that new M8 (IT LOOKS LIKE A NITRO, DONT EVEN KID YOURSELF), and Yamaha still makes Heavy Lunkers and big expensive gutless 4 strokes to trench through your favourite hill.

Forget about modifiying and tweeking everything too! Nobody wants that anymore! People want turn key sleds that perform, sure it looks cool to your buddies in the garage when you rip apart your sled and you're doing upgrades, but the same situation on the hill is kind of frustrating when there waiting to ride. So all this stupid yammering about HP is DOA in my opinion, I like what I see with the new Pro, it seems like it works well in the heavy and is a decent climber with the HP the manufacturer graced it with. Similar theory is like comparing a big UNLIMITED LITRE AMERICAN V8 up against an engineered small litre V-6 that makes as much power, better MPG, better emissions (Don't even deny this either, we all see it coming), and better towing.

So comparing the new Pro to the new Doo is like comparing apples to oranges........... except in this case its more like comparing a fine steak dinner to dog crap.

IMO.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Sigh, you Ski Doo freaks have this awkward handle on reality.

I can only imagine that a handful of the Ski Doo chimps have actually rode the new pro, which means that the general population of Ski Doo owners are narrow minded and relentless in believing the POS they own and finance at 19 Grand is actually worth its paper value.

I would take the new pro over that freeride joke any day of the week. Not only on average at any dealer will I save 2-3g on the initial price of the sled, I will feel more confident in Polaris beta engineering with the new pro, as opposed to Ski Doo finally catching up to the curve and recognizing that EFI was the way of the future.

Ski Doo is falling behind, Arctic Cat has flawed that new M8 (IT LOOKS LIKE A NITRO, DONT EVEN KID YOURSELF), and Yamaha still makes Heavy Lunkers and big expensive gutless 4 strokes to trench through your favourite hill.

Forget about modifiying and tweeking everything too! Nobody wants that anymore! People want turn key sleds that perform, sure it looks cool to your buddies in the garage when you rip apart your sled and you're doing upgrades, but the same situation on the hill is kind of frustrating when there waiting to ride. So all this stupid yammering about HP is DOA in my opinion, I like what I see with the new Pro, it seems like it works well in the heavy and is a decent climber with the HP the manufacturer graced it with. Similar theory is like comparing a big UNLIMITED LITRE AMERICAN V8 up against an engineered small litre V-6 that makes as much power, better MPG, better emissions (Don't even deny this either, we all see it coming), and better towing.

So comparing the new Pro to the new Doo is like comparing apples to oranges........... except in this case its more like comparing a fine steak dinner to dog crap.

IMO.

Well guys, I guess mister know everyfahkingthing has spoken.
I may as well sell my XP since it's so dog crappy.

Where do these sack hairs come from!:loco:

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
darn, reached my limit of how many i could read.

anyhow from what i recall hearing, based on the R, the pro is down 3 and the etec is up 12

Premium Features