• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

fwiw, mirror lake gates are open

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
they were open this friday when i got there. i went soapstone so i never saw how far the dry pavement goes but i'd guess 4-5 miles based on the snow i rode last saturday out that way.

Edit:. Open to lost lake now 5-19-17

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
they were open this friday when i got there. i went soapstone so i never saw how far the dry pavement goes but i'd guess 4-5 miles based on the snow i rode last saturday out that way.

I went to the Bear River side this weekend. We parked almost at the Whitney turn off. The rest of my crew went to the Soapstone side. They said the road was plowed to Cobblerest area.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
We rode Mirror Lake on Saturday 4/29. 2' of fresh snow up on top, awesome conditions. Trail from Cobblerest up to Trial is BRUTAL rough, but that is the price we pay to have a great ride.

Lots of snow up there... bathroom building at Mirror Lake is nearly completely covered.

sled_guy

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
We rode Mirror Lake on Saturday 4/29. 2' of fresh snow up on top, awesome conditions. Trail from Cobblerest up to Trial is BRUTAL rough, but that is the price we pay to have a great ride.

Lots of snow up there... bathroom building at Mirror Lake is nearly completely covered.

sled_guy

man, you ain't kiddin. we need short tracks to stay on top of the bumps. that road beat me up pretty good.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Any guesses on how late the riding will last up there?

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
any updates on the road or how the snow is after this storm?

went up today and took some pics but too lazy to post them. the road is plowed to lily/lost lake. they have 3 snow eaters, a cat, a dozer and a grader up there waiting on some warm weather to keep going.

the riding was fair with about 6" new up high (2" wind slab on top of 4" high density snow with a firm base underneath). should be good after some warming.

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
awesome riding today! the plows have busted through the pass and are working on the lower switchback toward mirror lake. there's a nice spot to drop off on the pass just before the weather station.
b9Fq1bEdynHVZdN17

the udot crew is working hard but having some machine troubles. two blowers down, busted cat and the dozer is throwing codes. that must mean it's been a good snow year.

4f6Ty5e1cRZ8xsVB7

3jZz1E5PEYBv1TtX6

i may have to eat my words and keep riding after memorial day. it's just too good right now. that may change if we stop freezing at night.

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
an hour of riding into june was good enough for this guy

Not sure how far they made it with the road but you can make ruth lake and beyond. the machinery is sitting a few miles over the pass and the road closed signs are out but i'm guessing they are tied in or really close by now.

riding conditions....So from here on out the risk vs reward balance gets tipped. there will be a few folks still willing to put the insurance policy to the test but for me, well i've had a great season. to those of you out riding the thawed lakes, sun cups and tree wells, i wish you a fun and safe time.

https://goo.gl/photos/JJchMmsFfzHRxQ788

Premium Features