• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Ski-Doo Linq System Removable Snow Flap Instal

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
I agree, when we sit in meetings Tony and I mention this. They have not figured that out yet, but they are looking into all options. What ski-doo does not want is to throw something out there like other aftermarket companies have done, and that not work, then you will be very mad as expected.

The fix has to work and it takes time for sure...easy to say when your not having the issue. However just look at what is happening now with the offset, they have received a formal answer and most don't believe it!? This is the reason it is hard for manufactures to even answer questions and removes them further from the consumer. Most of these guys bantering calling it BS don't even own the sled. That is why it is best to track what is going on with your sled and call customer service, you will get a lot further there than internet witch hunting.

I was helped a lot by the community of sledding when I started and so I like to keep communication open, I also could care less if anyone believes me cause I know personally I don't lie and am honest. Typical you have guys like Fredw saying I do lie and blah blah blah, but he is the one lying most of the time and when it comes out nobody call him on his ****.

On the subject have you tried running the belt higher in your secondary, so the deflection is tighter, if you have not tried that please do and let me know, also check it through the day as you might find it drops down....so adjust it. I do run my belt higher in the secondary. Let me know how that goes dave@davenorona.com if you want to email me or private message me here.

Dave...maybe BRP should do a survey of current 850 owners and get the information direct. They do surveys all the time for dealer satisfaction and etc. I see a survey really being good and to get direct feedback from the 2017 owners about our experiences with the sled this past season.

Oh and I love the link snow flap! Definitely getting that for next year! Cheers

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
Question. On a 154 with a LinQ tunnel bag, will the snowflap fit behind the bag properly? Does it use the same LinQ brackets?
Sorry if I missed this, didn't watch the video or read previous comments above... Thanks!

If you look closely at the rear of your tunnel there are two little X marks on each side that are guides for drilling holes that the rear most linq bases will attach too (at least they are there on my 165). The rear most linq brackets will be narrower becuase they do not have the formed bulge in the tunnel like where the other Linq brackets go. So it sounds like from daves descriprion that the snowflap is designed to fit the narrower rear most linq mounting holes and therefore would work fine on your 154 with the tunnel bag attached to the normal linq bases. Now i finally understand why they put the guide holes for the rear linqs on there that aren't wide enough to attach anything too... they were for this snow flap.

Pretty good idea. Due to the steep angle of the ramp on my sled deck I need to cut my flap pretty short to be able to unload without it getting stuck under the track. Short enough that I feel I loose some cooling capacity on the trail and send some mega roost. I like the idea of just pulling the flap off while the sled warms up, backing off the deck and re attaching the full length flap. The only downside to the design I see is that if you choose to attach it to the top of the tunnel using the rear linq mounts The flap is right under the rear bumper and in prime position to get pushed tight against it if you get stuck making it hard to get your hands around the bumper. I would probably just leave mine at the end of the trail

Last edited:

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
If you look closely at the rear of your tunnel there are two little X marks on each side that are guides for drilling holes that the rear most linq bases will attach too (at least they are there on my 165). The rear most linq brackets will be narrower becuase they do not have the formed bulge in the tunnel like where the other Linq brackets go. So it sounds like from daves descriprion that the snowflap is designed to fit the narrower rear most linq mounting holes and therefore would work fine on your 154 with the tunnel bag attached to the normal linq bases. Now i finally understand why they put the guide holes for the rear linqs on there that aren't wide enough to attach anything too... they were for this snow flap.

Pretty good idea. Due to the steep angle of the ramp on my sled deck I need to cut my flap pretty short to be able to unload without it getting stuck under the track. Short enough that I feel I loose some cooling capacity on the trail and send some mega roost. I like the idea of just pulling the flap off while the sled warms up, backing off the deck and re attaching the full length flap. The only downside to the design I see is that if you choose to attach it to the top of the tunnel using the rear linq mounts The flap is right under the rear bumper and in prime position to get pushed tight against it if you get stuck making it hard to get your hands around the bumper. I would probably just leave mine at the end of the trail

I am just realizing this now too. If the snow flap has to be mounted in the rear it does stick under the bumper where my whole post earlier would be pointless, although you could still easily remove it from the tunnel.

D
Oct 22, 2008
Longview WA
Snow flap

Dave,
Any word if BrP will make a kit for the XM's?
My sled deck is destroying it and I have cut it. Wrong forum page but anyone who buys one and has a Xm wanna see if it's possible to adapt?
Thanks

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Dave,
Any word if BrP will make a kit for the XM's?
My sled deck is destroying it and I have cut it. Wrong forum page but anyone who buys one and has a Xm wanna see if it's possible to adapt?
Thanks

So far no, but that could change. The snowflap could lie under the bumper or over it, and yes it makes it awesome for backing off the sleds off the deck! I was not sure I would be into this snowflap however each time I have been out I have removed it to see if it made a significant difference and I am not a firm believer in it, not that you need it , but it definitely works and let's snow evacuate easier , amwith this late in the season of it has not been uber deep, but a good 15-25 s for Sled skiing and with two guys on a sled punching up steep terrain it has made a difference. Cheers dave

ntm_08

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2009
All my conversations with BRP Corporate strongly suggest they are ACTIVELY WORKING THIS PROBLEM and will come up with a solution later this Spring or Summer.

And when I posted that BR Bulletin across Social Media yesterday on behalf of BRP you would be AMAZED at the number of people that called me out for posting FAKE NEWS, claiming it was NOT AUTHENTIC and DID NOT COME FROM BRP.

With the truth staring them in the face, they DENIED it.
Unfreaking believable.

Agree. But BRP have made claims that was totally false also. Cooler clutch, 40% less oil used, stronger bulkheads to mention some. Its not helping people's trust in BRP's statements.

Premium Features