• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

So. . . 1100 T control box

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I know that there are guys on here with control boxes for the 1100t.

To name a few:
Branix
D&D(boondocker)
Turbo Dynamics(remap)
Speedwerx(remap)
Boost-It(fuel Control)

In my opinion for the pump gas(220hp max at 8000+ft) guys the control box should come standard with a couple features. And I am most concerned with who is going to give us what we want and deserve. I think cat has already given us the sled we wanted so why would I want to put something on this sled that i don't want.

So I am going to list some things that should be standard, And I am hoping for some clean disusion about each box and what it is doing to address these features.

1. Using a/f ratios as an input to the control box as an overall safety facter

2. Ability to control the hp output by the end user with the flip of a switch, push of a button, etc

3. How it handles the event such as engine knock. Pull timing, decrease boost?

4. Abilty to go back to the stock map(hp, boost, etc.) I feel this is important for a guy who drives 1000 miles to ride and if it does not run correctly he doesn't want to spend hours on the phone trying to remap, etc.

OK NOW LETS KEEP THIS CLEAN, NOT MY CONTROL BOX CAN BEAT YOUR CONTROL BOX. So for sake of that lets all say that each box or remap makes 220 hp on max setting.

We will see how this goes if it gets out of hand I will be deleting the post.

M
Feb 27, 2010
d&d has the hijacker and the ez jacker.one is a plug and go and the other you can tune. it doesn't come with a a/f but they do recomend one with the hijacker.ez is 600ish and the hijac is 1300ish.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Do these sleds come knock sensors, I would like a controller that will give all sensor readings, with a knock, A/F, temp, charge temp, and timing sensors etc... you could monitor it and keep it in a safe range or push it as hard as possible.

The one problem I see with you wanting to be able to turn it down is clutching, you have to clutch it to optimal hp, so turning it down will require completely different clutching.

So far the branix setup sounds like the most capable, but I would like to see more info and cost

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Ok well what I was fishing for was the designers or super tuners of each of these different tuning devices coming on and give a idea of how each system will handle the different things that could happen that are bad, knock, lean, etc.

I myself have done a ton of research: So here is what I know

HYJACKER: Spliced wiring
Push button to select boost
Knock is controlled by computer knock is detected and sled goes into limp mode like it would stock)
Boost and fuel are the added factors to hp
No additional safety system incorporated over the stock system
ECU is stock

BRANIX POWERBOX: Plug and Play in minutes
3 maps(215, 200, and fuel saver)
Can be removed within minutes
Fuel, boost, timing are optimized to increase power
O2 input into the powerbox for safety lean factor
Unsure of how engine knock is handled I think same as stock.
ECU stays stock.

TURBO DYNAMICS REFLASH: Boost timing and fuel are remapped
Power levels are selectable by a switch
Engine knock will rapidly and progressively decrease boost until knock is gone.
No additional inputs for such as wideband 02
Large knock Light
Ecu is remapped from stock.

Speedwerx Remap: I don't know much about.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I just wanted to let everyone know that i feel that all of these are great options and I am not out to bash anyone. I just found this weekend that it is possible that even the designers of these tuning devices can use good input on what mountain riders are looking for.

For instance. I want to be able to run the sled like stock and not worry without starring at a O2 gauge. I want intuitive system that will babysit the tune of the engine for me. I honestly do not feel as though it is to much to ask.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
What's the max HP increase for each one?

I am not going to get into that in this post. Pretty much everything I have read is putting the 1100turbo at 220 hp at 8000+ ft. As this comes down to turbo size more so than anything. So for this post lets leave it at that. As i am not worried about which one makes more power as I am which one is the most intuitive. I want the system to keep an eye on the engine.

Things such as the hose to the wastegate or electric boost controller coming off would be caught quickly with a O2 sensor as the system likely would not add more fuel and depending upon programming would allow the boost to continue to rise, making a lean condition that the O2 would see and say o wait thats not good. rather than me having to watch a boost gauge, and a O2 gauge. I want the system to watch these things and pull back on the reins.

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
I'm really curious to know if there will be a Boost It system for these sleds. The Boost It system only controls fuel, it doesn't control boost so if a person wanted to run this system you'd have to instal a boost controller.

My T-Nytro ran so much smoother and cleaner with the Boost It system. I would put the same thing on my Proclimb in a heartbeat.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I'm really curious to know if there will be a Boost It system for these sleds. The Boost It system only controls fuel, it doesn't control boost so if a person wanted to run this system you'd have to instal a boost controller.

My T-Nytro ran so much smoother and cleaner with the Boost It system. I would put the same thing on my Proclimb in a heartbeat.

The only difference is that you would have to fool the map sensor on the m1100turbo. Because if the box sees an overboost it is going to go into limp mode. Figure that out and go with the boost it system it could be good. But in my opionion the stock turbo is not needing the boost it system. The injectors have proven to be large enough to add enough fuel to the limits of the stock turbo at stock fuel pressure.

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
Hardcore sledder site has lots of flat land threads on diff systems, from reading there td seems to have better feedback from users??

The one I don't get is the branix, it does not increase boost but says 215hp.

B
Jul 29, 2011
AT
That is a nice thread.

here are my inputs

over 200hp you should replace the head bolts/studs (the reason is in cold environment you can blow the OEM head-gasket (oem gasket sucks)

also i think OEM intake sucks, i use a 15USD filter on the Compression housing and i love it.
Also the OEM can sucks, Push Turbo is making a new can, we have made tests on a aftermarket bike can and i love it. cheap and very effective.

500lbs and 210-215hp should be enough for 99% all M1100T guys, for the extreme people, standalone ECU and heavy engine modifications are the way to go. On haydays i saw a lot of nice products that make sens and i saw a lot of senseless stuff.
I prefer perfect throttle response instead of 300hp,

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK i "personally" hate that feature and i think end-customer "rider" should never come to the knock limit and should never see it knocking. (if knock then take off ignition, take of boost or what ever) but never go off the throttle.

HP is not = SPEED, HP is not = Performance, HP is not = faster, and better sled.

a perfect mix out of fuel, ignition, torque and engine setup is the way to go.

more answers below.

brani

I know that there are guys on here with control boxes for the 1100t.

To name a few:
Branix
D&D(boondocker)
Turbo Dynamics(remap)
Speedwerx(remap)
Boost-It(fuel Control)

In my opinion for the pump gas(220hp max at 8000+ft) guys the control box should come standard with a couple features. And I am most concerned with who is going to give us what we want and deserve. I think cat has already given us the sled we wanted so why would I want to put something on this sled that i don't want.

1100T engine is nice, i personally hate their 2 stage injection but a very good engine, and a lot of reasons why AC stay at 170hp

So I am going to list some things that should be standard, And I am hoping for some clean disusion about each box and what it is doing to address these features.

1. Using a/f ratios as an input to the control box as an overall safety facter
YES, you need a lean out protection and some kind of control, wide-band is good for that.

2. Ability to control the hp output by the end user with the flip of a switch, push of a button, etc
YES, use more HP in deep and less hp to save fuel from your truck to the mountain. make sense

3. How it handles the event such as engine knock. Pull timing, decrease boost?
Not sure about other manufacturer, but we remove ignition first and then we take of boost and let the engine run rich for few seconds to cool it down. not sure if there is any other way. But why should someone go to the limit with the engine, knocking is dangerous. so never let the engine knocking.

4. Abilty to go back to the stock map(hp, boost, etc.) I feel this is important for a guy who drives 1000 miles to ride and if it does not run correctly he doesn't want to spend hours on the phone trying to remap, etc.
Plug n Play?

OK NOW LETS KEEP THIS CLEAN, NOT MY CONTROL BOX CAN BEAT YOUR CONTROL BOX. So for sake of that lets all say that each box or remap makes 220 hp on max setting.

Every product make sense, so i would say, buy what ever you want and spend more time on snow then talking about the box.

We will see how this goes if it gets out of hand I will be deleting the post.
:boxing:

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Hardcore Sledder

There is an absolute sh*t ton of info on hardcoresledder on the procross forum.

For the mountains I would definitely do a lot more research into the Turbo Dynamics remap before doing it. They make a lot more peak hp in the flatlands on pump gas than any other option.

Some things come to mind regarding up at elevation:

-The remap is for the stock turbo, which from what I understand isn't large enough to produce more than 220hp. In the flatlands, the TD remap makes a significant amount more than that with the stock turbo and stock motor.

-The TD makes more power than the hijacker on pump gas running essentially the same boost. That leads me to believe that they pull a lot of timing out of the motor. For straight-up hill climbing that isn't an issue, but tree riding and boondocking I assume that more throttle response is more important than peak hp.

-From the guys that drag race, the hijacker really like to be loaded (more clutch weight) whereas the TD remap does not. I don't know how that would relate to mountain riding but it's worth the thought.

-TD also has 2-step and anti-lag boosted launch mode. Mountain riders do not need that at all.

-And apparently there is a new hijacker coming out and the details have yet to be released so who knows. The hijacker is what I see being the best option for the mountain guys that know how to tune. With the huge variations that these sleds go through, I don't see a simple re-map from the flatlands working that well. But I could be very wrong.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Mountains and flat lands are TOTALLY DIFFERENT. tdbaugha I think you are right on track. There is a TON of exciting new innovation coming our way. Im not that old, but have been around long enough to know that something like mountain fuel control on the M1100T is going to take some time to perfect and we will all be test dummies this winter. Next year may be a different story.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
There is an absolute sh*t ton of info on hardcoresledder on the procross forum.

For the mountains I would definitely do a lot more research into the Turbo Dynamics remap before doing it. They make a lot more peak hp in the flatlands on pump gas than any other option.

QUOTE]

In defense of Turbo Dynamics I talked with him at haydays for about a half hour and he understands well the differences in mountain riding compared to trail riding and has plans to get to the mountains early and do some testing.

S
Sep 22, 2009
Southern MN
Isn't Cat claming 170hp at 1000' or 10,000' ? Pretty sure thats what their ad said.... So ... On a four stroke turbo doesn't the HP stay the same unlike a 2stroke? Remember that Engine is the same one that was in the Z1 turbo and there is alot of them out there so plenty of good info...

Premium Features