• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'13 Pro difficult to start when warmed up

C
Apr 12, 2009
Lehi, UT
2013 800 pro has difficulty starting during riding once the sled is warm. If I stop the sled during normal riding it will take 4-6 pulls to start again. Changed the plugs and running a couple ounces of oil in the tank but same results. 250 miles on the sled with 1 year warranty running out in Nov. Anyone else have this problem of idea of the problem?

Thanks

C
Apr 12, 2009
Lehi, UT
Thanks for the input.

I'm the second owner but bought the sled with 0 miles, sounds like the warranty transfer can be a pain and it is going to end in Nov. 13

Any advise as far as transferring the warranty to have the dealer check into the problem?

D
Nov 22, 2008
if you have the paper work and your vin and show them proof there is sill a warranty on the machine you should have no problem getting it covered! was the sled sitting for quite sometime with a full tank of fuel? possibility you got some old fuel in the filter and got it all gummed up. hope this helps bud

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
As long as compression and ign is verified to be good first, sounds like a TPS issue to me.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Thanks for the input.

I'm the second owner but bought the sled with 0 miles, sounds like the warranty transfer can be a pain and it is going to end in Nov. 13

Any advise as far as transferring the warranty to have the dealer check into the problem?

transfer costs $50 supposed to be done within 30 days of sale dealer can handle it for you.

R
Heat soaking of the air temp sensor in the top of the air box.
The engine temp rises and causes the air temp sensor to read higher that actual ambient temp.
Starting is difficult because mixture is leaned out on start up.

Premium Features